Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 07-28-2020 13:15
    Hello All,

We have come across the following scenario-

'A call is entered the ACD queue after IVR and started alerting on an agent's endpoint. After 2 seconds of ringing, the call was disconnected by the customer (We see the Disconnect Type as 'Peer' in the interaction timeline)

Now, the agent is put on 'Not Responding' status by the system.'

Is this the default system behavior? Isn't the agent state should go back to 'Idle' after such cases.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 2.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2020 02:11
    I tested this in my own organization, and I cannot replicate the behavior you describe when the external caller abandons before the queue Alerting Timeout.

So, just based upon what you have said, it sounds like the Alerting Timeout is being hit just as (or just after) the external caller abandons.

You will have to open a case with Care to have them look at the logs to verify what is happening.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 01-18-2023 04:15
    Hi Aakanksha!

One of our customers is currently experiencing this problem.
    Has Genesys Support offered any solution to the problem?

Thank you:

Zoltan Morvay
    CC expert
    NTT Hungary

Zoltan Morvay
    NTT Hungary Trading and Service Ltd

• 4.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2023 07:23

When you look at the Timeline view for the interaction, it shows how long the call was Alerting on the agent before disconnect. Does that also show 2 seconds of Alerting? Also, compare how long it alerted with your alerting timeout set on the queue. 

If there is a significant difference between the actual alerting time and the set timeout you will need to open a Support ticket to have them dig into the back end logs for more info. 

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2023 11:59
    We ran into nearly this same issue - our reps were not going into Not Responding status, but they are getting hit with +1 to 'alert no answer' on the dashboards, leading to false positive coaching's. This happens with an abandon just 2 seconds into a 20 second alert window, with or without persistent WebRTC.

We opened a ticket with care and were told that this dashboard +1 uptick is working as intended, and to post on the ideas page -- which seems very backwards, there should be ZERO fault towards the agent for an abandon before they could answer.

We go through a partner so we do not have the ability to create the ideas posting, in theory one is out there already and I will link it here once I have the link.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2023 12:13
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-947

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 01-18-2023 07:30
    We experience this as well, it seems to be when the webrtc is getting connected through, at this point if the customer abandons then the agent is put not responding, I would try this with a persistent connection and see if it helps

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 8.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 01-18-2023 07:39
    Hello,

The agents are configured this way (persisten connection = 120 sec (suggested by Genesys Support)), but these errors still occur.
    I had already opened case regarding Not Responding status, I sent about 40 call logs. Still no workable solution.

Thank You:

Zoltan Morvay
    NTT Hungary Trading and Service Ltd

• 9.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 01-18-2023 07:49
    Are they genuine callers? we get a lot of spam calls as we are a global business with 1000s of numbers and we do get lots of spam, I wonder if some annoying dialler is sending rubbish sip headers in so we don't get a proper Bye or some other rubbish in the header.

I will take a look at some of my calls and see if I can see anything like that

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources