Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to reset a campaign sequence daily

• 1.  How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-17-2021 19:06
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:31
    Default behavior with "repeat sequence" checked is the campaign stops on the last campaign it ran out of numbers on. The next morning when we import the records the campaign sequence continues on the last campaign it left off on. Do there an out of the box solution to reset the sequence so that it starts at the top of the list daily? 

I was thinking instead of running the campaigns in a sequence I could use campaign priority instead? Thought? The business requirement is that the campaigns are dialed in a certain order. 

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Bryan De La Cruz

• 2.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-18-2021 13:59
    Bryan,

I can't help with the actual question, I'm afraid, but I can advise the Priority does not work that way.

If I have two campaigns with the same priority and a bunch of agents logged in to both, it will try to dial both campaigns at the same rate, at the same time. If I was to have the same situation but A has a priority of, say 2 and B of, say 1, then it will call both at the same time, but twice as aggressively on A as on B. (So, say we are running at 3 calls per agent on both, it would place 2 for A and 1 for B)

To make it run one campaign then the next, you would typically use a sequence, as you suspect.

I don't know how to force it to the first campaign in the sequence each day though. Sorry.

HTH

• 3.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-18-2021 16:34
    What if I created a schedule for each campaign separated by 1 min increments in  the order of how I want the campaigns to be dialed. That would technically address the dialing order each day right?  Is there another way to mimic what "sequences" and "repeat sequence" does?

Bryan De La Cruz

• 4.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-22-2021 15:22
    In that case, they would all be running at the same time, not sequentially, I'm afraid.

• 5.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-23-2021 03:41
    As I understand campaigns, if the sequence gets to the end then it should automatically start at the beginning of the campaign sequence. Have you tried using the campaign rules to turn the sequence on as detailed here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-set-campaign-rules/

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 6.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2021 09:48
    Hi Bryan, 

You're on the right path with your schedules idea. It's possible to schedule the sequence itself to start at the same time every day, which I think would address your use case.

Thanks,

Sean Carter
    Lead Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 11-23-2021 18:16
    Gareth, Sean,

If I'm understanding Bryan correctly, the problem is that when the Schedule starts the Sequence, it carries on from where it left off. It doesn't start again with the first Campaign in the Sequence. (The docs you referenced also state that this is the case.)

Yes, once it reaches the end of the last one, it can cycle back to the start, but I believe Bryan needs it to always start with the first Campaign.

It looks like some method to reset the Sequence is required (possibly another Campaign Rule Action on Sequence start?)

• 8.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 12-02-2021 17:23
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feature on your show, super cool. We use AWS for contact list import and purges so we could easily configure it to reset the campaign every morning. To test our theory I used API explorer to clear the contacts then reset ALL campaigns (via API) to see what happened when I started the sequence with new data it and it still started from where it left off last. The weird thing is the order its repeating every cycle isn't even the order the sequence is in. 

I also tested the order I populated the lists to see if it changed the dialing pattern but no luck. 

Sequence is configured in this order BH, BC, CH, CC

This is the order genesys is dialing in BC, CH, CC, BH. I let it run for over a 100 calls and it consistently dialed in this order. Wherever it ran out of numbers it would continue from there when I'd start it back up. I work for a bank and we can't be calling the "co-buyer" of a loan before the "buyer" so this is a deal breaker without a viable work around. Is it possible I missed a step?

Bryan De La Cruz

• 9.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 12-02-2021 17:45
    I created another sequence for grins and giggles and it now dials in the correct order. That's one issue that seems to be gone. now at least so that part is good. Let me go back a retest the reset theory since this sequence is following the configured sequence.

Bryan De La Cruz

• 10.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 12-02-2021 19:07
    Final verdict: it dialed in the correct order once I recreated the sequence however it continues where it leaves off no matter what. This means the order is off after the campaign is stopped and started if not stopped on the last campaign. (4 0f 4) The only feasible solution I can think of is unselect "repeat sequence". We're only calling these customers one time each day so I'll test with it unchecked and see if it will pass our QA. I'm concerned because this is our first go live on genesys and we've got predicative dialer projects in the pipeline that I know will require the sequence  functionality to work

Bryan De La Cruz

• 11.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 12-03-2021 13:47
    Bryan,

I did speak with the PM for Outbound and he is looking at what it would take to add a "Always Start with the First Campaign" option / checkbox.

It might be worth you adding the idea yourself to the ideas portal.

HTH

• 12.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

Posted 12-03-2021 15:24
    I added it. Will you show me some love and vote for it? :) 

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OTB-I-474

Bryan De La Cruz

• 13.  RE: How to reset a campaign sequence daily

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2021 14:46
    Well, shoot. I was hoping the Campaign reset would help there. Obviously not. I dug through looking for a Sequence Reset but haven't found one...I'll keep digging.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources