Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Moving between tasks

Posted 11-16-2020 11:21
    Can anyone tell me if is possible to exit a task to another reusable task then come back to the original task flow and pick up where I exited?

I have a scenario that I need to transfer to a reusable task that checks the ANI for VIP status, sets the value of a variable, then returns to the main task which then tests for this 'flag' and amends the routing acordingly.

I've attempted this but the when i re-enter the flow I enter at the start block instead of half way down the flow just after the transfer task.

Thanks

G
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Gordon Bell
    Sabio Ltd

• 2.  RE: Moving between tasks

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2020 11:29
    Create a flow level boolean variable, call it taskBDone for example.  In task A, the 1st action should be a decision to check taskBDone; if it's false, go to task B, otherwise (if true) continue with the rest of task A.  In task B, set taskBDone to true.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Moving between tasks

Posted 11-16-2020 12:06
    Thanks Melissa,

I'll refactor my steps and test tonight.

G

Gordon Bell
    Sabio Ltd

• 4.  RE: Moving between tasks

Posted 03-17-2022 11:41

I know that this thread is over a year old, but in case anyone runs across it moving forward...

If I wanted to accomplish something like this in 2022, I would look at leveraging a Common Module flow for the ANI check scenario that you presented.

1. A Common Module naturally will run and then come back to where it left off.

2. A function that determines down-stream routing, caller experience, etc. seems like something that could/would be used in multiple flows for your organization.

Cheers!

Patrick Rohlf
    Summit Broadband

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources