Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud)

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

• 1.  Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 18 days ago
    Hi All,

Just wondering if there's any way of disabling media types per queue?

We've got a few email-only queues setup, and users are able to make Voice calls from and transfer Voice calls to these queues - which I don't want to happen.

I've been able to workaround the Voice calls being incorrectly transferred into the Email Queue by allocating a default In-Queue flow to redirect it to Voice queue.

However I haven't been able to figure out a way to stop outbound calls being made from the Email Queue - looking for any tips or suggestions (aside from user training).

I thought a script could run to stop the call (i.e. disconnect) as soon as it's attempted to be made from the Email Queue - but there doesn't appear to be a Disconnect action available in Scripter.

Cheers
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 18 days ago
    Not that I know of right now.  I do see a couple of ideas along this line, but add your own as it is a bit different:

Disable Last-agent-routing for digital media | Genesys Cloud Ideas Lab (aha.io)

Media Type Warning for Transfers across | Genesys Cloud Ideas Lab (aha.io)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

Posted 17 days ago
    I agree.  I'm not aware of any option at this time. I've seen that same issue with our customers.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 4.  RE: Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

Posted 13 days ago
    I think you can try to manipulate the CLID for outbound calls at the queue level.

So, all the calls going out from a particular number assigned to the email queue could be blocked/rejected by your SBC or SIP provider.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 5.  RE: Disable media types per queue (i.e. don't allow voice calls from email queue)

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Paulo,

Thanks for that idea, I hadn't thought of blocking it at the SBC level - will check it out as a workaround.

Cheers,
    Jeff.

Jeff