Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 01:01
    Hi All,

I am wondering if its possible to invoke different secure flows based on what choice agent picked via a dropdown. Is this possible? For eg, if there is a drop down of option1, option2 , option3 and SecureFlow1 to be invoked if option1 is pressed and so on. 

A customer has multiple T&D statements to play out depending on nature of call, and hence trying to find the most viable solution for the customer, as agents decide whic T&D to play after talking to the customer.

Any suggestions/options on how to achieve this would be most welcome. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Tilly
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Tilly Ramachandran
    Byte Information Technology

• 2.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 01:29
    Hi Tilly

Yes this is definitely possible, but another way you could do this is to pass a variable into the Invocation Data that is sent to the secure flow based on what they choose from the drop down.  Then you'd only need a single secure flow.  This is exactly what I've done for a customer here.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 02:11
    Thanks Varun. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of how you achieve this?

Also based on what variable is passed, do you then check for same variable in the secure flow and play the appropriate prompt?

Tilly Ramachandran

• 4.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 16:08
    Hi Tilly,

Did you manage to accomplish this? I am in a similar situation where I need to create this scenario where my agents can transfer the calls to a secure call flows for T&C and customers will need to accept it.

Jeffrey Wee
    Agility CIS

• 5.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 18:56
    Hi Jeff,
    I ended up using buttons for T&C as well, as there were 10 of them and the customer didnt want the chance of picking the wrong one from dropdown .So we created individual buttons and each one would call a seperate flow which would play the appropriate T&C (some of these were long!!). It needs a variable at the click action and i just used one of the default built -in variables  
    Regards
    Tilly

Tilly Ramachandran

• 6.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 19:05
    Hi Tilly,

Thanks for your feedback, I am currently trialling this out and I was able to create a script with 1 button (luckily we only have 1 T&C per customer IVR) so I don't really need to use the dropdown selection and can proceed in using just 1 button that goes to the specific secure flow.

I am just current stuck on how I can design my Secure Flow Call so that the customer will have the option to 1 (accept) or 2 (reject) the T&C and how can I show that to my agents who invoke the secure call flow. Any idea how you did this for your architect?

Jeffrey Wee
    Agility CIS

• 7.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 19:11
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 08-12-2021 19:16
    Hi Jeff

Like everything there's probably better ways of doing that part.  But what I did was take the response from the collect input function in the T&C secure flow and then set a participant data value to the call - something like tcOutcome as the name and either tcAccepted or tcDeclined as the value.  Then in the agent script add another button that calls a Data Action that retrieves that participant data value from the conversation.  You can then enhance your script further by using dynamic variables to display different wording and colours on the field you populate in the script.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 8.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 21:03
    Thanks again Vaun. I did trial this out but I am stuck on this "You can then enhance your script further by using dynamic variables to display different wording and colours on the field you populate in the script" for some reason I am confuse on how to really achieve this. Hope you don't mind me guiding? 

Jeffrey Wee
    Agility CIS

• 9.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 22:09
    Hi Jeffrey, I've added you as a contact. Since it looks like you're local, happy to do a quick Teams call next week sometime if you like and I can walk you through what I did.  LIke I keep saying I may have gone about it in a complicated way but essentially it's something like this...

Once you've set your participant data in your secure flow, which in my production org here is tcAccepted with a value of true or false.

In the script I have that tcAccepted as a standard input variable.  I then have two other variables that are dynamic, tcAcceptedString which is basically just saying if tcAccepted=true then "ACCEPTED" Else "NOT ACCEPTED or N/A".

The second dynamic variable - eg tcRedGreen is looking at the same thing but is setting a hex color value depending on whether tcAccepted is true or false.  You can then use that dynamic variable on your text block in the Common section in the background field so it will dynamically set that field background as red if the T&C was not accepted, and green if it was.

For this to all work though you need that Data Action to retrieve the participant data back in as the script doesn't refresh when the call comes back to agent after the secure flow.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 10.  RE: Using Scripting to Invoke multiple Secure Flows in a Dropdown

Posted 08-12-2021 22:27
    Hi Vaun,

Quick teams meeting next week would be really good. I will still try to work on this and see if I can somehow make it work but if not. I will direct message you in your inbox.  

I manage to get the user input now by the use of participant data however, I can only see it in interaction and for that, I will need to end the calls. Which on what I am trying to achieve won't work as my agent needs to see the user response on the live call. 

I need to do research now on creating Data Action and I believe Integration so that I can make this work.  

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

Jeffrey Wee
    Agility CIS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources