Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Email

• 1.  Email

Posted 12-14-2020 15:38
    We are new to Genesys Cloud - just implementing it on Dec 3.  We came from PureConnect.  Our question is around email routing and how other users are using the tool?  Specifically when an agent receives an email it may take them time to respond, with time for research or confirmation from other departments.  How do you all handle the idea of "pausing" the clock or actual working time for that interaction?  The agent may spend 10 min on an email but wait 24 hours to hear back from legal.  There is no way, at least that I understand, that the agent can put the email interaction on hold.  Our director wants to know how much actual time the agent spent working on that interaction, not necessarily how long it took us to get back to the customer.  I would be interested in finding other organizations and understand how you use the tool. 

Thank you,
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Rob Rooney
    ARAG North America Incorporated

• 2.  RE: Email

Posted 12-15-2020 09:18
    Hello Rob,

This is indeed an issue that a lot of our customers are facing. Things like:
    • Previewing E-mails
    • Transferring them (moving actually) between Queues
    • Forwarding and Tracking
    • Searching (Historical and in Realtime views)
    • (and a bunch more)
    are much requested functionalities. There is an App in AppFoundry we've bullt to Support such functionalities, you might want to take a look at:
    Advanced Mail Interface
    We have a bunch of customers using it, so maybe it has benefits for you too?

Regards,

Marcel Ostendorf

NL Cloudoe
    Cloudoe BV

• 3.  RE: Email

GENESYS
    Posted 12-16-2020 08:45
    Rob and NL, thanks for the questions and comments.  Regarding the ability to 'park' emails, we are looking to support workbins in 2021 as part of our 'Task Routing' initiative.  I'm hopeful we can not only support putting tasks into workbins (something you might be familiar with from IPA on PureConnect) but also support emails as well.

To the points NL makes, we have a BETA release going our today to support Manual Assignment (aka Cherry Picking).  It does not have all the bells and whistles of the Email Preview Asset from PS (which I highly recommend), but it will allow a supervisor or an agent to pull a waiting interaction from the queue much like the PS asset.

More to come on both of these but we hope to be able to meet your needs in the near future.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 4.  RE: Email

Posted 12-17-2020 11:53

Hi Chris,

You mentioned that you are looking to support workbins in 2021, can you give a more specific idea on timescale please ?

Regards,

Simon Gillespie.

Simon Gillespie
    acrinax Ltd

• 5.  RE: Email

GENESYS
    Posted 12-18-2020 09:28

Not yet, Simon - but I will make sure to keep the community and associated ideas updated accordingly.

Chris Bohlin

• 6.  RE: Email

Posted 01-06-2021 09:00
    Chris, you mentioned there was a Beta release going out and mentioned Email Preview Asset from PS.  Is this what you are referencing? 

I just want to make sure I am on the same page. 

Thanks
    Rob

Rob Rooney
    ARAG North America Incorporated

• 7.  RE: Email

Posted 01-06-2021 15:21
    One other question here sorry Chris.  Where there is something like this Email Preview Asset, can we assume that it likely means that type of functionality (or for that matter anything that's a PS "asset") will never be integrated natively into Genesys Cloud and included in the existing licensing levels?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 8.  RE: Email

GENESYS
    Posted 01-07-2021 08:32
    Vaun - no - I would not say that we'll 'never' support this functionality natively - but I do think supporting 100% of it may be far off in to the future.  The beauty of these PS assets is the ability to search and filter emails on date, to/from, subject, etc quickly and scalably.  This is not something we've been able to support natively yet but are certainly looking to do more.  Additionally, the ability to disconnect interactions in bulk here is a great feature that we plan to support at some point in the product but we just haven't gotten there yet.

The PS team and other develops have a leg-up in that they can host some of this functionality either locally or in S3 (as an example) which gives them a bit of extra scale and provides some flexibility we don't have in product....but I do think we will get there!

Chris Bohlin

• 9.  RE: Email

Posted 01-07-2021 02:27
    Edited by Marcel Ostendorf 01-07-2021 02:27
    Hello Mr Rooney,

Maybe it would help to do a short preview of our Solution, which we've enrolled into the App Foundry? This has been released and developed specifically, on top of Genesys Cloud, for customers with e-mail and processes around it.
    We've onboarded about 10 international customers on the Solution and it's being improved still.

No obligations....

Regards

NL Cloudoe
    Cloudoe BV

• 10.  RE: Email

Posted 01-07-2021 08:26

I see that you do not support US English.  Is there plans for that support in the future? We are located in North America.

• 11.  RE: Email

Posted 04-21-2021 08:02
    Hello Rob,

We actually DO support US English (English in General) as the primary language for the international User base.
    If you wish, we can demo it, for your convenience. There are 2 versions: AppFoundry version (Essential) and the upcoming 'Premium' edition (which will also enroll into AppFoundry within a few months).

BR Marcel Ostendorf  -  Cloudoe

NL Cloudoe
    Cloudoe BV

• 12.  RE: Email

GENESYS
    Posted 01-07-2021 08:26
    Yes, that's the one Rob.  Check out my next post where I respond to Vaun as i'll outline some of the key features and where it will differ from our solution!

Chris Bohlin

• 13.  RE: Email

GENESYS
    Posted 01-07-2021 08:27
    Yes, that's the one Rob!

Chris Bohlin

• 14.  RE: Email

Posted 04-21-2021 07:44
    Hi Rob, 
    This reply is a late one so not sure you still need this. We have built an email reschedule application for a number of clients housed in an Azure environment or clients Azure environment. Works great but just be careful you might have an agent not available problem, agent pushing many emails to the same reschedule time etc. So we added first to hunt the agent then who in the queue was available, if there was no one then available we built pickup buttons for agents and supervisors to pick the emails up when they were ready. The clients we are dealing with have for example 200+ email addresses and only 30 agents for all these email addresses. Glad to share more information if you require. 
    Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 15.  RE: Email

Posted 04-24-2022 20:39
    You can look at a more advanced email app for Genesys Cloud:
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/59c44a27-fb86-4806-8640-18a99c7f544f

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources