Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM and multiple queues, overflow?

Posted 09-04-2020 21:47
    HI guys

After some idea as to how you guys have setup WFM to handle the following scenario:

Multiple queues and multiple teams, where team members are members of multiple queues.  eg
      • Queue A
      • Queue B
      • Queue C
      • Team 1
      • Team 2
      • Team 3
    Agents in Team 1 are in all 3 queues, agents in Team 2 are in Queue A and C only, Team 3 are in Queue B and C only.  How would you go about setting up the planning groups to take this into account, ie if I put agents from Team 2 into the same planning group, I don't want them being counted and scheduled for Queue B that they're not on.  So essentially it's a case of queues belonging to more than one planning group.

Also, where you have a queue that overflows to another queue after hours, eg after 5pm calls for Queue A are instead sent to Queue C in the call flow.  So would you schedule and report for that Queue C, or would you instead send those calls to Queue A still but use different skills for during and after hours?

That second one I ask because from a reporting perspective you can't see how many calls actually end up going to Queue C as an overflow - unless you do something like a Flow Outcome or set a wrap-up code in the call flow.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: WFM and multiple queues, overflow?

Posted 09-08-2020 17:58
    I'll be interested to see some of the replies...

One tip I can share though is that we created dummy queues for each team - in the schedule you can filter by queues, so it make it easier to look at one team of agents at a time - esp for team meetings etc. Just assign agents to their team queue and away you go!

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: WFM and multiple queues, overflow?

Posted 09-09-2020 03:13
    HI Andrew, so are you saying to ignore using multiple planning groups?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: WFM and multiple queues, overflow?

Posted 09-10-2020 18:37
    Hey Vaun,

Our set up is probably just as unusual as yours... 

We have 3x managment units for the different types of work-stream, and each handles from 4 to 10 queues of different types of work (calls/emails)

What I've done is use the planning groups to group similar queues based on the type of work (eg we have 3 brands going into each of the 3 units so those queues are bundled together as they're the same type of work, just a different brand name, or we have 3 email queues grouped together as they're done by the same staff) 

We also have one management unit agents that are also logged into the other units queues, but at a lower skill level so they only get overflow when calls are queuing. I tend to ignore this bit for planning purposes other than knowing a surplus in one unit helps balance the other one.

In the schedule I can then select a planning group for the forecast graph, and then filter the agents for the same group. And as I've created dummy queues for each of our teams and added only the agents for that team, I can also filter by that "queue" to see the agents at a team level for meetings etc

Not sure if any of that helps you or makes any sense!

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources