Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Any Call Stays "Contacting"

Posted 05-13-2019 07:58
    Hi Team,

I hope you all doing well,

I have an issue that after dialling the number regardless of internal or external, Call stays at CONTACTING  no response if i try to disconnect also not disconnecting after some time I get an error that
    CALL ERROR

A call error has occurred. Please contact support. Details: Disconnect command failed to complete in time...

CALL ERROR

The request to hang up the call failed.

After this message if click on hangup call will be hung up. But no call success. kindly need your support in fixing this issue.

I am using WebRTC as a station. also, I have attached the screenshots for the mentioned.

Call Stays a contacting no more actions

After i try to hangup the call i am getting this

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Mohammad Khaleel
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering (ASE)

• 2.  RE: Any Call Stays "Contacting"

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2019 08:15
    On the surface that appears to be communication errors between the Client and PureCloud or PureCloud and the Edge across the internet/WAN.

So, make sure your firewall is configured correctly to allow all the needed ports and protocols.

Do some network analysis to see if packets are being rejected or lost somewhere.

Work with Customer Care to see if anything is in the Edge logs that would reveal the problem.

You can look at the Client's Network log (HAL file) and Console log (instructions on how to gather them are in the Resource Center) to see if there are any clues.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Any Call Stays "Contacting"

Posted 05-13-2019 14:22
    Thanks for Reply George as expected,

I can receive incoming calls through IVR but it's only about when dialling out. any idea on this.

Mohammad Khaleel
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering (ASE)

• 4.  RE: Any Call Stays "Contacting"

Posted 10-17-2019 06:21
    Does the agent get other calls while a previous call remains connected? Sometimes we get this when they have changed status before marking a call with the correct wrap-up code. If this is the same scenario then we used the wrap-up timeout function and have seen a dramatic reduction in the number of instances where this happens.

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

• 5.  RE: Any Call Stays "Contacting"

Posted 10-16-2019 12:59
    HI Mohammad - I have a customer that is getting the same error several times a day. Did you work with customer care to find a resolution?

Kleid Gjataj
    Mindsight

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources