Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View

Need to change *86 (voice mail access number) by another number not including '*'

• 1.  Need to change *86 (voice mail access number) by another number not including '*'

Posted 07-17-2019 16:58
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I am working at a customer's site using some SIP/IP DECT extensions, and found that the busy overflow is not working  as when the device sends a SIP 302 Temporarily Moved to *86, the call is not forwarded to the voice mailbox of the called party.

Instead if we configure another number (i.e: another extension number), then the call forward on busy is correctly executed and the incoming call is received on the extension configured for the call forwarding in the original call destination extension.

So, my question here is the following:

is it possible to change the *86 (Voice mail Access Number) to have any other number compliant with the extension numbering plan used in a particular installation?

We need this to have this done and to see if this helps to solve the issue found at this customer's site.

Tried to find this in the Resource Center and in this Community without success.

Urgent help and answer is welcome as I'm working on site till next friday (july 17, 2019).

Thanks

#SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jorge Negri
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources