Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Service Data Action - to screenpop a url

Posted 10-18-2019 18:53
    Hi, 

Good Day, friends

I am new to Web Service Data Action. May I know anyone know how to open a new URL using Web Service Data Action?

My target is just to open a browser page after an agent receive an inbound call. 

Hope someone can advice me on that.

Regards,

Johnson
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Web Service Data Action - to screenpop a url

Posted 10-19-2019 18:37
    Hi, You don't need to use Web Service Data Action if you only need to open a simple URL on inbound call, you need to use scripts, when you create a script you have a option on toolbar as web page
    Regards!

Val Appleyard
    Know How SA

• 3.  RE: Web Service Data Action - to screenpop a url

Posted 10-20-2019 21:45
    Thanks so much, Val Appleyard,

However, script unable to meet my requirements. 

I am looking for alternative way, as the target page need authentication which script couldn't do that.

If you could, please advice me on whether web service data action can meet this:

1. Authentication  (https://<api.xxx>/login credential)
    2. Open the 3rd party browser page. such as https://<domain_name>/parameter/value=?

Thanks & regards,

Johnson

Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Web Service Data Action - to screenpop a url

Posted 10-21-2019 08:47
    it will depend on the 3rd party browsers ability to accept login requests from the API - it is technically possible to do, but you would possibly need a new URL to be developed that has the credentials within it if this makes sense, then it's just a matter of testing that your network is configured to allow interactions of this type, however if you're 3rd party browser has different log in credential than windows, (assuming you use windows authentication), then this would also need to be aligned.

Gordon Thomson
    Dialler Manager
    Actavo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources