Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Monitor live calls question

Posted 03-25-2020 07:38
    Happy Wednesday!

I noticed something with a new employee that i did not see before, and cannot find any information in the documentation. I have enabled more of my agents to monitor live calls for training purposes. In doing this i have noticed that if they are not Available they cannot listen to a call. They get an unable to monitor call error. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks
    #RemoteWorkEnablement

------------------------------
    Steven Moore
    MITRE Corporation

• 2.  RE: Monitor live calls question

GENESYS
    Posted 03-25-2020 09:50
    I don't know if it is new behavior (I expect not), but when you monitor a call the system has to place a call to your user in order to establish the audio path. If you are not in a status that allows you to receive calls, you will not be able to receive that monitor call.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Monitor live calls question

Posted 03-26-2020 12:15
    I just had this come up with a customer. While this is not clear via the documentation, it is intended behavior. Listening to a call means you have to be in a status that can receive a call. That means you must be available or away (set manually, not from idle, screen saver, or lock screen). All other statuses will go to Voicemail and fail.

As an additional note, while I don't know of a way to prevent direct DID or extension calls, you can prevent group calls from interrupting your users who are listening by using the forward feature. Instead of putting in a remote number, make the first forward box your desk, web, or whatever use normally use. This will still allow you to listen (as long as your status is available or away) but you will not get group ring calls.

Thanks,
    Daniel McLeod

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources