Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  DNS SRV records for regions don't exist

Posted 03-01-2021 13:57
    I'm trying to build a SIP trunk between Genesys Cloud and an on-prem SBC, so we can send calls to PureCloud at our edge (not a Genesys edge device).  When reviewing this doc, it seems that the DNS SRV records don't actually exist on the internet.  I tried this for us-east-1, us-west-2, and eu-west-1.  While I can certainly peer to the 4 load balancer IP's, it sort of defeats the purpose of offering DNS SRV.

BYOC Cloud public SIP IP addresses - Genesys Cloud Resource Center 

dig SRV byoc.mypurecloud.com @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> SRV byoc.mypurecloud.com @8.8.8.8

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 50338

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:

; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;byoc.mypurecloud.com. IN SRV

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

mypurecloud.com. 9 IN SOA ns-160.awsdns-20.com. awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 10

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

• 2.  RE: DNS SRV records for regions don't exist

Posted 03-01-2021 14:35
    Paul, 
    Not sure you are following the setup.  When you establish the trunk in BYOC Cloud, it will ask you to give it a name.  Use something like LogMein.  Then the DNS name will become sip:LogMein.byoc.mypurecloud.com for US-East-1 or sip:LogMein.byoc.pure.cloud if you are in US-West-2.  Your SBC should be able to find that now.  As for authorization, it is usually enough to add the 52.129.96.0/20 range into the SBC ACL and you should be good.  Be sure to set the trunk and SBC to the same protocol.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: DNS SRV records for regions don't exist

Posted 03-01-2021 15:06
    Edited by Paul McGurn 03-01-2021 16:22
    Well, if you look at the doc I linked, it's not written that way.  It doesn't reference the prefix at all.

I did find this other doc, though, which does note the prefix requirement.  
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/addresses-for-premises-based-carrier-devices-services-under-byoc-cloud/ 

Now in this doc, it doesn't note that prefix either as to where you define it when creating the Trunk in Genesys Cloud.  Are you referring to the "External Trunk Name" when creating the trunk?

We're doing a POC replacement of PureConnect, so while most of the configuration bits are roughly similar to what we had with Lines and Line Groups, the documentation for this stuff is super scattered and written for people that already know this stuff in the first place, I think.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources