Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dial By Extension

Posted 09-03-2020 16:51
      |   view attached
    Hi,

Has anyone run into the following issue I am having with the dial by extension block?

1. I do a collect input and then place a switch block after it. 
    2. On the case 1 path I place the dial by extension block

When testing it, I enter in the extension number ex 1234. it fails and i am reprompted for the extension again, so I enter the same extension 1234 and this time it is successful and transfers my call to the correct user. On the first attempt I know the extension is correct because I play a verification. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any tips? 

I attached a screenshot of my flow

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Daniel Tuan
    Aria Solutions

• 2.  RE: Dial By Extension

GENESYS
    Posted 09-03-2020 17:14
    You can't pass in an extension to the dial by extension action.  It does a listen by itself and populates the extension data name variable.   The digits you collect in the collect input action has no effect on the dial by extension action.  They're 2 separate listening actions.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Dial By Extension

Posted 01-20-2022 11:16
    Hi Melissa,

Is there any way to achieve the above functionality now? I wanted to translate the customer entered digits (2 digits) to a corresponding Agent's extension written in a data table and then dial out this extension retrieved from the data table. 

Any inputs would be helpful. 

Aakanksha Goyal
    Cooperatieve Rabobank U.A.

• 4.  RE: Dial By Extension

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2022 12:06
    Not with a dial by extension action but you can do it.  Collect your digits from the caller, look them up with the datatable action, then use a Transfer to Number action with the extension you retrieved.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources