Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Are "Monthly IVR Minutes" used in Agentless Outbound Canpaign calls too?

Posted 05-14-2021 15:13
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:31

Hi,

We all know about Genesys' fair use policy for Basic Routing / IVR (the IVR Minutes) for Genesys Cloud. It is described here: Fair Use Policy Detail 3

My question is:
    Are those Monthly IVR minutes consumed also by the AGENTLESS OUTBOUND Campaigns Calls that get transferred to a flow, just like they do on Inbound IVR Flows?

This is something that many of our on-prem customers that use dialer want to know before they decide to migrate to the cloud. Especially the outsourced call centers want to know this so that they could calculate their per-call costs in the cloud and set their end-customer prices correctly.

If the Monthly IVR minutes are consumed on the Outbound Flows too then this would affect all custom-developed apps and campaigns. Eventually, many things may get an extra charge. Even the post-call surveys placed through the Outbound Dialer Campaigns as they too utilize Architect Flows for collecting the input from customers.

Thanks,
    Oktay

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    OKTAY KEMAL
    CCR

• 2.  RE: Are "Monthly IVR Minutes" used in Agentless Outbound Canpaign calls too?

Posted 05-28-2021 11:26
    There is nothing in documentation that distinguishes between IVR flows for inbound and outbound, so the safe assumption is to count both of them in your usage.  When you look at it from a functional point of view, they are the same - a call flow that will have an entry and exit point, so I don't think the mechanism for counting the usage would vary between them.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Are "Monthly IVR Minutes" used in Agentless Outbound Canpaign calls too?

Posted 05-30-2021 08:55
    Hi Robert,

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking too but I just wanted to clarify it.

This means that there is a hidden cost for BPO's who use the agentless dialer and consider moving from premise to cloud.
    Actually, this cost is for everyone but the BPO's are using agentless campaigns a lot for their clients.  

I will go ahead and inform them about this and make some sample calculations for these costs.

Thanks,
    OKTAY KEMAL
    CCR

• 4.  RE: Are "Monthly IVR Minutes" used in Agentless Outbound Canpaign calls too?

Posted 05-31-2021 05:13
    Hi Robert,

as far as I understood the aim of IVR Fair Use Policy is to prevent Genesys Cloud from robotic calls only (minutes increase per agent subscription).
    Definitely it's a good idea to calculate with agentless outbound minutes in that case.

Best regards,
    Bernhard

Bernhard Seifert
    Tieto Austria GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources