Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Segregation of customer history

Posted 07-19-2021 05:56
    Hello, is there a way to segregate customer history data in a single ORG? I know we can use divisions to segregate configuration data like queues and agents but does this segregation has any effect when an agent searches customer history? For example a call is routed to division1 queue1 and agent1. If I have another agent (agent2) who is assigned to division2 and has no access to division1 then will agent2 be able to see the previous call made to division1 objects?
    There can be times when we need to separate out business units and we don't want the agents in different business units to see customer data from the other BU. A separate ORG would be a solution for this too but hopefully this can be solved in a single ORG somehow.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Zsolt Belicza
    British Telecommunications PLC

• 2.  RE: Segregation of customer history

GENESYS
    Posted 07-20-2021 03:32
    Yes, it is. If you're using external contacts then the contact itself cannot be assigned to a division today, but agent can only see interaction history for the division they are assigned to. There is a permission to give agents access to the full history regardless of divisions via External Contacts > Conversation > View All permission. Once you remove that permission, agents can only see history for the division they are assigned to.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Segregation of customer history

Posted 07-20-2021 03:45
    Thanks for the reply, this sounds good. My only questions left is then what if the customer calls a number which is routed to division1 objects and then later the same customer calls another number which routes to division2 objects. Would these 2 calls create 2 separate contacts or the same contact would be linked to both conversations and the agents from both divisions would see the same contact and maybe just their own conversation (or both conversations)?

Zsolt Belicza

• 4.  RE: Segregation of customer history

GENESYS
    Posted 07-20-2021 03:58
    Edited by Lucie DeCristofaro 07-21-2021 11:32
    Today, contacts are not automatically created based on incoming interactions although that is what we are working on.

With today's functionality as you can see in your own Genesys Cloud organization, you would have a contact set up and provided it's the only contact with a specific phone number, the same contact would be linked to both conversations and the agents from both divisions would see the same contact. What conversations they can see will be dependent on their permissions:
    With the External Contacts > Conversation > View All permission, they will be able to see both calls. Without that permission, the agent in division 1 will be able to see the call from division 1 and likewise for agent 2.

Now, we are working on automatically creating contacts based on incoming interactions as you may have seen on the roadmap and is captured under the idea here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-756 With this functionality, a new contact will be created for the incoming call regardless of divisions and same rules as I mentioned above will apply.

Further down on the roadmap, but not something we are actively working on, is division awareness for external contacts themselves so that agents in division 1 see only contacts in division 1.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Segregation of customer history

Posted 07-20-2021 04:07
    Thanks for the detailed answer, this clarifies everything :) I know about the external contacts but I did not know it is the only way today (no automated creation of new contacts yet).
    Zsolt

Zsolt Belicza

• 6.  RE: Segregation of customer history

Posted 07-21-2021 11:20

Hi Lucie,

I am getting "Record not found" on the link you provided. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 7.  RE: Segregation of customer history

GENESYS
    Posted 07-21-2021 11:32
    Extra dot at the end there, try this: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-756

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources