Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

• 1.  Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-08-2019 06:18
    Hi,
    Our impacted customers are starting to work on reworking their setup to accommodate the announced Bridge deprecation for this year end.
    One of the item concerns User Synch with Active Directory.
    Will Genesys publish a step by step tutorial on how to switch to SCIM ?
    If yes, what's the ETA ?

Thanks
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Mayeul BRIVET
    CoverApps

• 2.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-10-2019 02:35
    Glad im not the only in the situation, bit of a pain but im sure its for the greater good

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-10-2019 09:56
    That would be fantastic! Perhaps the subject of the Community Q&A show at the very least?

If Genesys would give us that as starting point/baseline, I'm sure we would all share some lessons learned or gotchas in the Community.

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon

• 4.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2019 10:15
    One of the items in progress is a named integration that will appear in the Azure Active Directory App Source.  It is intended to be a "click to install" app that contains a default mapping for utilizing the PureCloud SCIM API's for ongoing user synchronization.  The entire sync process should generally be pretty easy to administer, and is something we intend to document publicly.  The transition path is also pretty simple: setup the user provisioning app in Azure AD to cover the groups of users you want synced, turn off the bridge connector, relax!

As these pieces become available, there will be a number of communication channels leveraged to ensure everyone has the information they need to successfully transition.  

Stay tuned!

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-10-2019 10:48
    That's excellent news !

I'll pass the info to the end customers.

Thank you Richard

Mayeul BRIVET
    CoverApps

• 6.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-16-2019 20:50
    Thanks for the update Richard.

Got a question though - you mention "Azure AD" as the provisioning source.  That sounds like it will be a no-brainer - a cloud to cloud sort of connection.

However, what will be the provisioning source for on-premise Active Directory installations?

And lastly, while I too think that this will be a good idea going forward, the clock is ticking down!  Genesys let us know about this change back in February or March via this forum.  4 months later, with 5 months left to go, I've seen nothing made available for testing.  I know that Genesys won't leave us in the lurch about this change but I'd be much happier if the new functionality was available for testing well before the bridge deprecation date.

If there is any promotional or technical material available I'm sure that I'm not the only one itching to get started!

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 7.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 07-16-2019 22:33
    Thanks for posting the question Christian.  We are on the same boat.  Looking forward to some responses.

Edward Wu
    BANK OF HAWAII

• 8.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2019 12:49
    @Richard Schott is Azure AD Connect https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47594 what folks will need to use to synchronize premises-based AD with Azure AD, and then the Azure AD will sync with PureCloud using the Azure Active Directory App Source integration you mentioned? (Presuming they don't want to migrate completely over to Azure AD.)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2019 14:24
    Generally, yes.  Microsoft provides tooling to create hybrid identities between premise and azure ad.  From there the scim based user provisioning would manage users from the azure ad instance.  

There are also some open source tools provided for SCIM identity management that could be paired with a premise ad server, but this sort of implementation would need to be approached by a partner, professional services, or an enterprising customer with their own development resources.  It's worth noting that with the release of the SCIM apis for purecloud, these open source utilities could be leveraged today, and I highly encourage anyone interested to begin their investigation as soon as they feel comfortable.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 11-04-2019 15:00
    Hi Scott,

Would you mind to provide some examples of these open source tools?

Thanks,

Edward Wu
    BANK OF HAWAII

• 11.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

GENESYS
    Posted 11-11-2019 10:16
    Edward,

There are a number of implementations listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.simplecloud.info/  with indications as to whether these are open source, and if so what license they are covered under.  

We are also working on a couple of things that will be listed on our own open source repo (https://developer.mypurecloud.com/opensource/)

Thanks,

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 11-12-2019 13:20
    Hi Schott,

I looked up http://www.simplecloud.info/ and I couldn't find one that specifically for on premise AD.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edward Wu
    BANK OF HAWAII

• 13.  RE: Bridge Deprecation - AD user synch alternative

Posted 11-28-2019 06:18
    Hi,

As we're almost in December, is there now an ETA for the out of the box integration with Azure AD ?

thanks

Mayeul BRIVET
    CoverApps

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources