Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Bypass ACW

Posted 05-26-2020 09:31
    I have a customer whose need for ACW is so low that they don't want ACW to be the default position, they want the agent to be automatically put back into Available as the default position once a customer hangs up.

They only want an agent to go into ACW if they need to i.e. by selecting ACW/Wrap code before the customers hangs-up. Can this be done?

We thought After Call Work (Optional) would provide this functionality but it doesn't as it puts the agent into ACW. It seems that optional and mandatory discretionary do the same thing

Thanks
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Chris Marsden
    CloudComm 360 Ltd

• 2.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 05-26-2020 10:25
    Hi Chris,

You can use Mandatory, time boxed set at 1 second to force ACW to close without showing the agent (except the 1 second). They won't be able to keep it open though, so they would have to save any wrap up code before the call ends.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 3.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 05-31-2020 03:38
    Hi,

I've seen an idea related to this.

Please vote for this one:
    https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-318

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 4.  RE: Bypass ACW

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2020 09:33
    The linked idea is certainly related Paulo - but I don't think its exactly what Chris is asking for.  This is a feature I learned about recently that seems fairly common place in Avaya.  Agents can move themselves into ACW on-demand but their default workflow is just to get calls sent to them back to back to back unless they specifically recognize, during the call, that they are going to need more time to do wrap-up work.

I think its a really interesting concept and makes a lot of sense.  I don't have a line of sight on delivering said feature right now - but will keep this in my backlog and hopefully look at it while we do some other work to enhance ACW settings across the other media channels that do not have it today.  (One of the items on the top of my backlog!)

Chris - let me know if this is more along the lines of what you are looking for.

Thanks,
    Chris Bohlin

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 5.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 06-01-2020 12:29
    Absolutely right Chris. Over the years, all of our customers have used 'auto available' which means that at the end of the call an agent goes straight back into available as the default, unless they 'tell' the system otherwise (Avaya, Cisco, Storm, Aspect). The current way it works increases AHT unnecessarily, especially in businesses where after call work is an exception,

Thanks

Chris Marsden
    CloudComm 360 Ltd

• 6.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 06-01-2020 23:11
    Thanks @Chris Bohlin,

We have a lot of customers who will love the ACW enhancements.

We usually see a lot of calls with this code ININ-WRAP-UP-TIMEOUT, agents select the wrap up code before end the call but sometimes they just don't have time to save it.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 7.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 07-08-2022 08:53
    Hi Chris 

Me and my teams are new to Genesys cloud and have the same issue. Was there ever a fix or work around for this? 

Thanks in advance

Ceri Davies
    Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd

• 8.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 06-04-2020 03:14
    Hello Chris, 
    when talking about ACW - we have opposite problem there. We have time boxed 30 seconds and agents can close it earlier, however sometimes they need more - when dealing with claims for example. Is there any idea already about extending ACW based on agent wish? Now they do the thing that just go off queue to finish claim in system or have ten open claims and then take one hour as admin status to finalize them all... None of this is correct and none of that shows how much ACW they really needed because it is not calculated as ACW. 
    Thanks, 
    Bara

Barbora Malkovska
    IKEA Ceska Republika

• 9.  RE: Bypass ACW

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2020 09:09
    Hi Barbara!  Yes - there is another idea with a good number of votes in existence for this request:  https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-655.  I'd encourage you to add your vote when you have a chance.  

There are numerous requests for improvements around ACW and Wrap-up codes that I am currently lining up to address but its unlikely I'll get to many of them this year.  Keep an eye on our roadmap and you will start to see these move in over the next couple quarters and we'll begin work as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 10.  RE: Bypass ACW

Posted 06-05-2020 08:14
    Ah, super, I voted already now :-) Thank you much, that would be really helpful for agents, but also for workforce mng. Thanks, Bara

Barbora Vackova
    IKEA Ceska Republika

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources