Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to block certain phone numbers to be dialed by agents?

Posted 07-09-2019 14:21

Hi Genesys,

Sometimes, some customers ask not to be called never again.  As PureCloud uses DNC Lists only for Outbound Dialer Campaigns and our agents make Manual Calls to contact people, sometimes they are calling those customers again and again and we start having issues because of that.

I opened a case and received an advice from Pure Cloud Support Engineer, to block those phone numbers creating Numbering Plans and setting up the phone numbers as Restricted.  In fact that worked well, but I really have a lot of phone numbers to add and I would like to know if maybe there's a possible better way to block them, without having to create a big amount of Numbering Plans per each phone number.

I'll appreciate any comments.

Thank you.

#Handlers
    #Outbound
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Carlos Davila Ramirez
    IT Department Manager
    Start-Connecting LLC

• 2.  RE: How to block certain phone numbers to be dialed by agents?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-09-2019 15:34
    I don't know of another way to block phone numbers from being manually dialed. Sorry.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: How to block certain phone numbers to be dialed by agents?

Posted 07-10-2019 02:29
    I suppose a question would be where are your agents obtaining these numbers from to be calling them over and over?

we use the DNC lists from both Inbound and Outbound perspectives. If the agent is unsure if its been added to a DNC list then i manually update it via the developer tools. But that's because all our contacts are apart of contact lists in the Dialer. 

You could look at your processes and change the manual dialing to automating the numbers into a contact list, then using the DNC function. Some have even used a preview dial campaign and assigned it per agent, though that can depend on how many agents you have. That would be another way i can think of to help.

Though in your situation as they are manual dials id suggest going back to the source and figuring out a way to prevent the agents from collecting such data to help prevent the manual dials to customers who may reside on a DNC list.
    In most countries data privacy is paramount, so collective the numbers must be coming from somewhere to allow your organisation to dial them manually.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: How to block certain phone numbers to be dialed by agents?

Posted 07-11-2019 16:23

OK, I'll review our process and thank you for your comments.

Carlos Davila
    IT Department Manager
    Start-Connecting LLC.

• 5.  RE: How to block certain phone numbers to be dialed by agents?

Posted 01-19-2022 11:09
    Any changes to this policy, we too have a requirement to block outbound numbers while not in a campaign.

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources