Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automatically send email at end of script

Posted 04-26-2021 05:51
    hi, 

Is it possible to automatically send an email at the end of a script being completed? 

1. The scripts may contain different information and I would want to be able to include a configurable set of fields in the email which are set during the script. 
    2. The email may be sent to different distribution lists depending on what was set in the script (e.g. regional specific distributions where a region is selected during the script, and therefore a variable is set to with the relevant distribution list)
    3. The email is then automatically generated with a subject which may be taken from a set of fields within the script
    4. I am guessing this may be possible from an API, but how to actually invoke the API from within the script and would something like the below actually work to pull through variables from the script to the api? I can't get it to work...  
    5. Is it possible to auto send the email (when using the API directly in developer tools it generates the email to the advisor in their interactions but does not send, this is left to the advisors to manually complete the sending action) 

{
    "queueId": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "flowId": "",
    "provider": "PureCloud Email",
    "skillIds": [],
    "languageId": "",
    "priority": 0,
    "attributes": {},
    "toAddress": "{{toaddressvariable}}",
    "toName": "{{tonamevariable}}",
    "fromAddress": "test@test.euw2.pure.cloud",
    "fromName": "{{fromaddressvariable}}",
    "subject": "[[variable 3]]",
    "direction": "OUTBOUND",
    "htmlBody": "",
    "textBody": "[[Variable 1]][[variable 2]]"
    }
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mark Elliott
    Lemon Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Automatically send email at end of script

Posted 04-26-2021 06:10
    Hi Mark,

The API you tried to use from developer tools is /api/v2/conversations/emails to create an email conversation.
    Exactly the same behavior if to make request from the script and it is possible to run this API just on behalf of agent credentials.

GC is about handling conversation interactions, it does not have API to send an email, but you can use other providers like Sendgrid or AWS SES

The solution can be to subscribe on GC Notifications and at the end of conversation to generate and send email.

Taras Buha
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)

• 3.  RE: Automatically send email at end of script

GENESYS
    Posted 04-27-2021 08:52
    Hi - 
    Genesys Cloud is actively working on 1) providing an API to you to generate an agentless email and also 2) event orchestration which would also support email based upon various triggers. Once #1 is delivered it should meet your needs but just wanted to mention #2 as it will add more flexibility to support this use case, e.g. rather than having the email triggered by a script it could be triggered based upon an event which invokes a workflow. This was covered in the latest roadmap webinar last week and will also be posted on the Knowledge Network.

Cheers - ​​

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Automatically send email at end of script

Posted 04-27-2021 10:25
    Thanks Don, 

Great to know! I've tried to find a replay of the product webinar unsuccessfully. Is there one available and I just cannot see it? 

There are a couple of pointers towards it but it appears the layout of the knowledge site has been updated since then  

Mark Elliott
    Lemon Business Solutions

• 5.  RE: Automatically send email at end of script

GENESYS
    Posted 04-28-2021 06:15
    You need to login to the Knowledge Network to access the roadmap and webinars. I just reviewed and I saw the roadmap but it does not look like the recorded webinar has been posted yet. I expect that it will be updated by end of week, therefore available by next Monday, but I will reach out to check.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources