Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Routing of Salesforce Emails - Salesforce functionality creates new conversation every time for the same case gets changed.

• 1.  Routing of Salesforce Emails - Salesforce functionality creates new conversation every time for the same case gets changed.

Posted 09-16-2021 23:24
    Edited by Gokul Selvanathan 09-16-2021 23:33
    Hi,

Question on Routing of Salesforce Emails:

Requirement - 
    We will be creating a Email interaction in Genesys when ever a case get created in salesforce. Queue, Skill and Priority details will be passed to Genesys Inbound Email flow from Salesforce using participant data.

Question - 
    Question 1 : When ever a change happened in case we are deleting the old conversation id and creating a new conversation in Genesys to get the updated changes. Is there a way that can we update the changes to the old interaction rather than deleting. 

Example : Queue and Skill detail changed on the case. Is there a way to change the queue and skill of the interaction using process builder (Out of box solution)

Question 2 : if Case is closed  manually from SF side we are disconnecting the conversation in Genesys using Conversation Patch API so that it not routes to agent. and if the case is reopened again, Currently we are creating as a new conversation. is it possible to open the old conversation id as it is a email interaction? 

Thanks
    Gokul
    #DigitalChannels
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Gokul Selvanathan
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Routing of Salesforce Emails - Salesforce functionality creates new conversation every time for the same case gets changed.

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2021 09:50

1. I generally wouldn't be looking for queue/skill to be set on the Salesforce side of things.  I would personally put that logic into the Architect flow and have the flow do a data dip into Salesforce to pull the most up to date information off the Salesforce record prior to making routing decisions.  If you feel you must direct the behavior from the Salesforce side of things, I would use the same conversation PATCH API you referenced to update the conversation within Genesys Cloud.  This may require that you store a mapping of queues and/or skills within Salesforce to be able to drive the API request.
    2. I'm not sure if you can reuse a disconnected conversation ID.  @Christian Ross, do you happen to know if this is possible? 

2.a. Out of curiosity, why would you want to reuse the conversation ID, as opposed to referencing a new one?  I wouldn't imagine there is a large difference in terms of reporting/analytics between the approaches, since the first conversation was never directed to a user, but I'd like to make sure there's not some part of your use case I'm missing.​

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources