Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hold/Wait music Change

Posted 04-22-2018 09:36
    During consult transfer, the customer is put on hold while agent talks to lets say supervisor, the standard hold/wait music plays. How can I change this?

------------------------------
    Sajid Abbas
    Al-Futtaim Technologies

• 2.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 04-23-2018 08:26
    Hi Sajid,

You're definitely not alone in wanting to use your own hold music. Good news! This is being worked on and should be released this quarter. Check out this thread for updates...

Topic: On hold music

Thank you,

Clay Tison
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change

Posted 12-01-2020 09:21
    Hi Clay,

I was told that a way around changing the agent-initiated Hold Music was to change the system's on_hold_music. Since all of our IVRs are built in EN-US, I've  changed the default for a completely different language (EN-GB). This was a viable work-around and it worked for a while, but randomly stopped working.The system reverts back to pulling the EN-US default on_hold_music even though the Inbound and Inqueue call flows are all EN-GB. Support and devs cant figure out why it's not pulling the appropriate language and have thrown their hands in the air . They suggested we vote on a work around feature request, but could not come up with a solution.

Angel R.

• 4.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2020 10:15
    Hi Angel,

Did this not work for you all....

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/customize-agent-initiated-hold-music/ ?

Thank you,

Clay Tison
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change

Posted 12-01-2020 10:24
    Hi Clay,

I read that article in the past, and have followed it closely when trying to troubleshoot. Support and "Devs" have confirmed that the configuration is correct in my flows, but can't determine when the system polls the EN-US on_hold_music instead of the EN-GB. I've even placed a Set Language task within the Inbound call flow to act as a safety net. The language on all flows is set to EN-GB. The system still plays the default for EN-US. :/

Angel R.

• 6.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change

Posted 04-23-2018 09:14
    Thanks clay,

I will be checking on the thread that you provided.

Sajid Abbas
    Al-Futtaim Technologies

• 7.  RE: Hold/Wait music Change

GENESYS
    Posted 04-23-2018 10:27

Hi Sajid,

The feature for allowing configurable hold music for Non IVR/ACD cases in currently in progress and is due to complete this quarter. Once that is completed you will be able to change it.

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca

Rebecca Owens

Product Manager, PureCloud Self-Service

image001.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

M +1 919 695 1122

rebecca.owens@genesys.com

image001.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

image002.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

image003.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image004.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image005.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image006.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image007.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image008.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources