Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

• 1.  Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 03-05-2021 11:37
    Currently, there is not a way to get a list of agents who are assigned a specific skill.  I thought that at least there would be an API call - but there isn't.  Do any of you know how to find this information?  I know that I can see what skills an agent has assigned to them, but I do not know how to find which agents have a specific skill other than to go through and look at everyone's profiles.  Surely, something this helpful and basic is possible, right?

I submitted an idea - Idea ANA-I-318 requesting this functionality be added.  So, if you're like me and need to be able to get this info, but don't know how to - please vote!!

Thanks,
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Brenda
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 2.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 03-05-2021 19:25
    Hi Brenda

One way of doing it - which may or may not be what you need at the end - is to go into the performance\agents view.  Remove all metrics from the view but make sure in your filter you've got that skill listed at least.

You can then export that output to Excel.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 03-09-2021 11:00
    thank you.  That is a creative approach for us to try in the interim

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 4.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 12-06-2021 10:30
    When I filter the skill it doesn't filter and just shows anyone on a queue

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 5.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 03-08-2021 14:48
    we also have a similar use case, we rely on skills in our organization for call routing and its frustrating to see assigned skills for agents from profile view for each agent, it would be simple and easy to see list of assigned agents and ability to activate and deactivate skills from ACD skills view just like Queues. I voted for this feature to be implement in near future.

Ajay Kumar Vadluri
    Kroll Information Assurance Inc.

• 6.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 07:09

after 2 years 4 months, today I face the same issue , my customer is asking to findout how to pull a report to list

Agent / skill / skill level 

and I start googling and found this thread . but not sure after all this years, did genesys come out with a good solution ?

Alex Goh
    Intel de Costa Rica

• 7.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 07:21

We paid for a SQL DB integration, apart from other things to integrate with our Tableau reporting suite.  I had included part of the API the agent/skills/proficiency to be added to a table exactly for this.  We have loads of skills so it was definitely needed.  If i want to check on who has a skill within Genesys I use a Dummy Queue and then add members based on skill, the other way you could do it is with skill expression groups.  This would certainly list all users 

Andy Jackson

• 8.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 07:34

ya ... it manage to show agent + skill, but I need to findout the skill proficiency , and I cant anywhere to get proficiency  report

AlexGoh
    Intel Corporation

• 9.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 08:36

I dont know of any other way than our SQL

Andy Jackson

• 10.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 11:10

I will see if I can find it, but some time ago, I created an Excel Workbook which accessed the API to download a list of users and Skills and then create a cross-reference table with the proficiencies in it (for those with skills assigned.) It also gave a summary of how many agents had the skill at each proficiency level.

I will see if I can dig it out and post details.

Word of warning, though - it's slow! (about 600 Users / 100 Skills took anything up to 30 minutes to process) so not useful for real time reporting.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 11.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-16-2024 14:55
    Edited by Anton Vroon 01-16-2024 14:55

@Alex Goh Have you tried using the Genesy CLI?

I use this little command

(gc users list -a --expand="id,skills" | ConvertFrom-Json) | Select-Object id, name, title, state, department, @{Name="Skills"; Expression={$_.skills.name}}, @{Name="Prof"; Expression={$_.skills.proficiency}} 

Which gives a list of users, their skills and their proficiency level for those skills. Which you can then filter, separate values to columns etc

Edit: To export to CSV, just add this to the end | Export-Csv -Path .\FileName.csv -NoTypeInformation

Anton Vroon

• 12.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 21:53

thanks for the reply , but it will not be a good idea for daily usage as I will need to provide a solution for call center supervisor to view the report daily at the beginning of the shift . CLI will be good for 'us' the system admin .. but not the FLM

AlexGoh
    Intel Corporation

• 13.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-16-2024 21:54

yes ... if there is way to pull it in excel workbook will be good . as I need an easy non technical way for supervisor to pull the report daily

AlexGoh
    Intel Corporation

• 14.  RE: Skills - Which agents have a specific skill assigned?

Posted 01-17-2024 10:57

The workaround I have found for this is to create a skill expression group and set the rule to pull agents with a particular ACD skill at a specific proficiency. save the group and then go in and copy the group members and paste into excel. Then adjust the skill expression rule to a different proficiency and repeat the process. It isn't the best solution but it works. 

Paul Soulodre
    Alberta Motor Association

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources