Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Setting Caller ID for non agent

Posted 09-05-2019 11:03
    This is a unique issue we found with our non ACD users in Pruecloud. We are using the "On Behalf Of" function for our ACD users to set the outbound caller ID to match the multiple brands we support. The problem is for our non ACD users at our many different corporate sites with unique brands that have no way to set the outbound caller ID as they are not using interactions. Since you can only set one Caller ID Name and Number at the trunk level, we had to use a generic name and number that doesn't make sense for the local site customers. Has anyone had this multiple brand issue before?
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 2.  RE: Setting Caller ID for non agent

Posted 09-17-2019 19:12
    In the midst of looking for the same thing for much the same reason.  I see a lot of stuff on the Ideas lab around better control of outbound caller ID.

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Setting Caller ID for non agent

Posted 09-18-2019 03:13
    Hi... what I did here to deal with this issue as we are a multi-brand organisation was to setup separate sites within our org with their own number plans and outbound routes and trunks.This countered the Non ACD users issues just dialling from the Polycoms.

Hope this helps.

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 4.  RE: Setting Caller ID for non agent

Posted 09-18-2019 08:51
    That sounds like it will work. I see the only setback is the ability to communicate (chat, ext dial) to other sites. Since we don't communicated with these other sites/orgs too much I don't see a downside. Have you run into any other issues?

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 5.  RE: Setting Caller ID for non agent

Posted 09-18-2019 09:46
    Hi Greg... no problems or barriers with any internal coms between sites at all, i.e. Chat or Ext Dial and no other issues have appeared or been raised at all.

regards Matt

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources