Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using API to get external contact ID used during CSV import

Posted 08-02-2021 09:52
    Hi,

Our customer has used a CSV file to perform a bulk import of external contacts and using customized ID (for example 10XXX)
    Now, we want to know if there is an API in developer tools that can return the contact id created during csv import.

Thank you.
    #PlatformAdministration

• 2.  RE: Using API to get external contact ID used during CSV import

Posted 08-02-2021 11:29
    Hi Mostafa,

As I understand your are talking about outbound contact List and contacts. As far as I know GC will use your own customized ID as contact Id.
    Also, you can use API to get contacts by contactListId /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/contacts/bulk

------------------------------
    Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: Using API to get external contact ID used during CSV import

Posted 08-02-2021 11:45
    Hi Taras,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm not talking about contact list (Outbound campaing) 
    What I need, is just possibility to retrieve the external contact ID that we have set through CSV import.

I hope it is clear for you.

Thank you

Mostafa Oudderhem
    Coverage-Communication

• 4.  RE: Using API to get external contact ID used during CSV import

Posted 08-03-2021 01:00

/api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/contacts/bulk looks like it will work for you but it needs the contact-id's. Would have been nice if you could wildcard this with a * meaning all contacts but I guess they wanted to protect themselves from really large contact lists.

one method but it requires the campaign to be run. When the dialer runs it loads the contacts and you can get good information at that point. /api/v2/conversations/${input.conversationId}  will see attributes.dialerContactId
    and attributes.dialerContactListId.

Another method

/api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/export

then go to the URL it comes back with to get a spreadsheet of contacts
    uri": "https://api.mypurecloud.com.au/api/v2/downloads/XXXXXX". it will download a spreadsheet. The inin-outbound-id is your contact id's

Michael Oldham
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources