Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

Posted 05-07-2020 05:21
    Dear Genesys Cloud

Please is it possible to use the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce integration with multiple Salesforce tenants?

For example, A company has 2 divisions in Genesys Cloud (a holding company and it's 2 subsidiaries for example), and each division has their own SFDC org and would like to use just one Genesys Cloud org.

Users from each subsidiary do not migrate across divisions/queues/SFDC tenants.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2020 09:03
    Yes, this should work just fine.  The client integration won't have an issue, and you can have multiple Data Action integrations with different credentials so you can have different call flows integrated with different Salesforce orgs.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2020 09:38
    Thanks, Richard! I knew you'd pitch in if I waited long enough :-)

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

Posted 05-08-2020 11:21
    Hi,
    As long as you don't use campaign Salesforce - Genesys Cloud integration (where you need 1-1 mapping between SF orgs and Genesys Cloud orgs), you shouldn't have any problem using that architecture for Inbound/Service purposes.

Daniel Ondiviela
    LeadClic

• 5.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2020 12:21
    Daniel, 

That's not exactly correct.  Campaign management and email routing rely on a single PureCloud org per Salesforce instance, but not the other way around.  You can't have one Salesforce instance trying to send campaign lists or emails to route to multiple PureCloud orgs, but you very well can have two Salesforce orgs sending campaign lists and emails to route to a single PureCloud org.  

Hopefully that helps to clear it up a little, but please let me know if there's questions on that and I'll try to explain in more detail why it works that way.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

Posted 05-08-2020 12:26
    Edited by Daniel Ondiviela 05-08-2020 12:26

Yes, you are right, I misinterpreted the original scenario. That's the point I wanted to remark
    --

• 7.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

Posted 05-10-2020 02:09
    Hello Daniel and Richard

Thank you very much for your responses.

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 8.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

Posted 11-22-2021 08:45
    Hello Genesys Cloud team,

I'm in the same situation, except that our customer has 3 salesforce instances (WebRTC) that agents need to be able to move between simultaneously.
    Will there be any issues with network bandwidth or agent lab capacity ? And how does the call get to the right genesys salesforce desktop ?

Regards

Nabil El Jadid
    Orange SA

• 9.  RE: SalesForce integration with Multiple SalesForce Org's

GENESYS
    Posted 11-22-2021 09:56

Nabil,

That's going to be a problematic situation for the agents, and I'm actually not sure I'd recommend using the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce integration in that scenario.  Where you're going to run into trouble is with call logging in particular; the softphone is going to attempt to save the call log into which ever Salesforce instance the agent answers the call in, and if they switch tabs you'll start to see errors attempting to save the call log because the object ID doesn't exist in that 2nd/3rd Salesforce instance.  Screen pops will also be somewhat questionable, as the screen pops will be using search criteria that is very likely specific to a single instance of Salesforce; if that search criteria is used in a different Salesforce instance, you'll either get no screen pop or a screen pop to the incorrect object.

The best case scenario is to consolidate to a single Salesforce instance (which I've seen Salesforce recommend to other customers that have found themselves in the same position).  This will greatly simplify the Agent's experience, and prevent the sorts of issues that come from operating out of multiple Salesforce instance at the same time (like call log saving errors).

In the interim, I'd recommend looking at the Genesys Cloud for Chrome browser extension, which will allow for embedded call controls, webRTC, etc. as a part of the browser, and can screen pop to complete URLs (which should inherently point to the correct Salesforce instance, at least in the event that "myDomain" has been enabled, as this will contain a unique domain name as the prefix to the URL).

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources