Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View

Issue with the "Manage access to individuals based on division membership" feature in today's release (10/6/21)

• 1.  Issue with the "Manage access to individuals based on division membership" feature in today's release (10/6/21)

Posted 10-06-2021 15:07
    We stumbled across what we think is a bug with the "Manage access to individuals based on division membership" feature that was released today (10/6/21) and I just wanted to post this incase anyone else runs into the issue.  We already opened a ticket to support, this is more of an FYI.  

We didn't intend to turn this new feature on but we did notice that we were suddenly unable to see some queues to call or transfer to.  What we found was that one of our roles inherited the "Conversation > Communication > Target" permission because the role had "Conversation > All Permissions" checked.  Even though the role in question was set for All Divisions, there were some queues from specific Divisions that we couldn't see.  When I unchecked the All Future Divisions box and started removing some divisions from the list, we found that some of the queues we previously couldn't see were now showing up.  What we think is happening is that the "Conversation > Communication > Target" is limited in the number of Divisions it can support (we believe that number is roughly 25).  When reviewing the release notes, we didn't see anything about a restriction on the number of Divisions which leads me to think this is more of a bug than something that was done by design.  

Again, this is more of an FYI incase anyone else begin to get reports from people that they can no longer call or transfer to certain queues.  

#Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources