Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  In Queue - Prompt for value and wait 10 seconds

Posted 09-16-2019 09:58
    Is it possible in an in queue flow to prompt users for a number (example: press 1 for service), and give them 10 seconds to press 1, or continue in the in queue flow?  I have 6-7 inbound flows that call this one in queue flow, i was hoping to edit this one in queue flow for this prompt vs the inbounds.  In this situation the original inbound calls go to this queue but we want to give the users an option to choose one if they are an existing customer and that pushes them to a different queue.
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Jeremy

• 2.  RE: In Queue - Prompt for value and wait 10 seconds

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 10:08
    Use the Collect Input action

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/collect-digits-data-action/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: In Queue - Prompt for value and wait 10 seconds

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 10:20
    Yes, use that action to collect the input with a 10-second timeout. Follow it with a Decision action which checks to see if the caller entered "1", and branch to the proper Transfer to ACD action from there.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: In Queue - Prompt for value and wait 10 seconds

Posted 09-16-2019 11:25
    That seems to work, one thing I am seeing in my testing is that it already transfers to the queue for that in queue flow, so the queue for that flow was prompted and I pressed "1" for the prompt for data and it then pushed my call to the other queue.  Not sure if I can prevent it going to the first queue to start the flow.

Jeremy Lee
    Mylo LLC

• 5.  RE: In Queue - Prompt for value and wait 10 seconds
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 11:44
    I recommend prompting in a Task in the Inbound Call flow before doing the initial Transfer to ACD, instead of waiting to prompt after it is already in the queue. If you wait for the In-Queue Call flow, then the prompt will not be heard unless no agents are available in the queue, and thus no opportunity to be transferred to the existing customer queue.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources