Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get the Position In Queue as a variable

Posted 08-04-2020 06:51
    Hello,

For one of our customers, we would like to play their customized Position in Queue message to the callers.
    Now, I am aware that we can simply change the system prompts to achieve this, however, there are many languages involved and the prompts are such that in one language the position in the queue is played as an ordinal number (for eg. You are the first caller in line in English) whereas it should be a normal number in another language (For eg.- You have two callers ahead of you in German)
    So simply replacing the system prompts and selecting one of the following would create confusion in other languages-

Is there any way I can get the value of the position in queue in a variable and then play User prompts based upon the value of that variable? 

Any input would be helpful.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 2.  RE: Get the Position In Queue as a variable

GENESYS
    Posted 08-04-2020 09:11
    Call.PositionInQueue is a built-in variable.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/architect-default-variables/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Get the Position In Queue as a variable

Posted 08-04-2020 09:50
    Oh alright Melissa, thanks much!
    This made it so easy.

Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 4.  RE: Get the Position In Queue as a variable

Posted 02-08-2022 01:21
    Hey Melissa -

A customer has asked if PIQ can be applied across multiple Queues; that is, if they enter Queue 'A' in position 3, and there are also 4 calls waiting in Queue 'B', could we possibly advise PIQ as Position 7? Note that there appears to be an API call to GET the 'estimatedwaittime' for a Queue, but I can't see an equivalent for 'positioninqueue'.

We know there would be caveats and limitations to the above process (such as real time updates) and it may only be viable as a once-off announcement when the Call hits the queue.

Just wondering, and at least we can say we asked ... :)

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources