Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

Posted 01-20-2022 01:09
    Genesys today released new tools for Add Skill and Add Priority.  I would be very interested in getting ideas of how to best use these and not affect WFM, EWT, and ACD Routing.  What special use cases do you have that would require these?
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 2.  RE: How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

Posted 01-20-2022 01:29
    Hi Robert, I haven't put too much thought into it but I wonder if the Add Priority function could be used for checking if a call was transferred into queue and then give it a new priority accordingly.  The alternative has usually been to loop it back into the same queue again.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

GENESYS
    Posted 01-21-2022 08:01

Robert - increasing or decreasing priority should not have an impact on Forecasting or Scheduling, but as you point out, changing skills could (this is the same reason bullseye routing is not supported with WEM.)  With that said - there are some practical use cases we've seen and not every customer is concerned with capacity planning in the same way.

I'll list a few use cases below for your comments:

1. As an interaction is approaching its SLA - you either bump its priority, or add a skill to include more agents. (Note the latter doesn't work well with WFM)
    2. no agents available in the queue with the matching skill (due to bad IVR path) - add the new skill to get it answered. (Or use manual assignment but not everyone does that!)
    3. I want to LOWER priority b/c I've suddenly got a onslaught of spam like emails and need to focus on my high value customers.

Let me know your thoughts.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 4.  RE: How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-23-2022 14:28
    The main use case I can see us quickly adopting is transfers.
    We use Agent scripts currently to transfer calls so calls go to a flow and we assign priority there, so that transferred customers don't go to the back of the queue. However some staff still do direct transfers (transfers without using the agent script buttons), which then don't get that priority boost, so this will allow us to set a priority for those direct transfer calls.

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

Posted 01-23-2022 23:23
    To do that, you would have to have a data action at the beginning of the in-queue flow to read some predefined attribute or the number of queue segments and to get highest priority in the queue and set the priority higher than that.  Better use a common module for that so you can just drop it in the flows

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: How are you going to use the new Add Skill and Add Priority Tools

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-24-2022 17:08
    In an Ideal world I would get the total conversation wait time, and set the priority to that, so just taking into account existing total wait, if other customers have been waiting longer than the first customer without being transferred they should be answered first. Rather than just putting them to the front just because they were transferred, ie if they arrive at a queue with a low wait time and transferred to a high wait time queue, not really fair to customers who have been waiting longer for someone to skip ahead just because they went to the wrong department up front. 

Likely will just be some arbitrary priority boost to begin with, which is what we currently do for consult transfers where they go through an agent script and priority is set there. At least until I can get some time to put the above in place.

But otherwise, yes absolutely will be using a common module for that so I can easily add it to the various inQ flows. :)

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources