Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Alerting on Agents

Posted 11-25-2021 04:17
    Hi All

I am used to the excellent alerting on pure connect, but with my move to cloud I am trying to work out how I can set alerts on things like no agents on queue (my most important) etc.  Also adding agents on an individual basis is an issue when you have 600 agents.  Has anyone figured out of this is possible yet?

Andy
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 2.  RE: Alerting on Agents

Posted 11-25-2021 06:15
    Edited by Taras Buha 11-25-2021 06:16
    Hi Andy,

I have not seen any alerts from Genesys Cloud however you can use Genesys Cloud notification topics
    Also, Noralogix designed cloud solution to handle all Genesys Cloud events in Azure and implement custom scenarios.
    Here you can find some examples https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJNwmLe4fKCjeqGVF_Xb-sCaSUdobWWR

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: Alerting on Agents

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 11-25-2021 15:15
    Genesys Dev recently released a youtube video for setting up an AWS eventbridge that can listen to notification events. You will need your development team set it up and publish or store that data. Otherwise appfoundry might be your best bet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqEUpFtk8Q

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 4.  RE: Alerting on Agents

Posted 11-25-2021 16:22
    Hi Andy

Regarding your "no agents on queue" alerting, I had a discussion with someone last year around this and a partial way we looked at for doing that is this but didn't actually take any further was this:

1. Before you target the ACD queue, first check (using a Data Action) to see if there are agents either idle or interacting (or whatever other state you want to consider).  If there are none, then instead of targeting your original queue, target an "Alert_No_Agents_Queue" or something similar.  On that queue load a specific in-queue flow that sends the call to voicemail or something else (closed message etc) so the caller at least gets some treatment, or do that within the original inbound flow.
    2. In the Alerts within Genesys Cloud, configure an alert on that Alert_No_Agents_Queue to trigger when calls offered > 0 and have it set to send the alert to selected users including to email/SMS.
    That way you'll get an email notification come through when a call is sent to that queue because there were no agents in your original queue.

A gap in this approach though is that it only triggers once so you'd need something in place to acknowledge that alert notification/delete it from the Alerts inbox.

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources