Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call / Chat Utilization

Posted 04-29-2021 11:32
    I would like to know if it's possible to answer a call without setting chat interruptible by chat? the scenario is that the utilization setting is as following
    Call - 1
    Chat - 3
    agent answering 1st chat, then there is a call come in, since it is set chat not interruptible by call, so the call is waiting in queue, 
    however before agent end the 1st chat, there is another chat come in and will be answered by agent. so on and so forth
    seems like the call can never be answered if the other chats keeps coming in. 
    Is my understanding correct?
    since customer servicing is set at very high target in my company, mgmt does not want chat and call to be interrupted by each other. in this case, does that mean there is a chance that the call can never be picked up?
    #DigitalChannels
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    annie Ng
    Accenture Company Limited

• 2.  RE: Call / Chat Utilization

GENESYS
    Posted 04-29-2021 14:31

Hello,

The call will be answered. Provided that there's no special priority applied and agents are equally skilled and have same utilization applied, the calls and chats will be answered in the order in which they arrived.

If calls are given extra priority within a flow, they will be answered before a chat that arrived at the same time will be answered.

The interrupt setting only means that a call will not alert an agent who is already working on a chat, but once the agent finishes the chat then the next interaction will be routed to them that needs to be answered based on priority whether it's a call or a chat.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Call / Chat Utilization

Posted 04-29-2021 20:05

Thanks I understand the priority can be set higher for call than chat in order to get answered first. The issue here is that since chat has been set with 3 concurrent session, the chats can be kept coming in whenever one chat wrap up, even there is a high priority call waiting in queue. In that case even call has higher priority, it just has to wait till all the chats wrap up, then it can be answered. I just tested in our test environment seems to be working like that. Is that the expected behaviour?

annie Ng

• 4.  RE: Call / Chat Utilization

Posted 04-30-2021 00:56
    One more question, is it possible to do some customization on the architect flow to force incoming chat on queue if there is already a call waiting in queue? such that the call queue can be ensure be the next to pick up even there is concurrent chat session available. Thanks.

annie Ng

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources