Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 12-05-2019 11:28

Hello Members,

We are migrating few groups from Genesys PureEngage to PureCloud in the Pilot phase. The scope of implementation includes Voice, Chat/chatbot, Email, voice Callback, Outbound, integration with CRM system. We heard all the new features/capabilities that PureCloud has and excited to offer them to business at a faster pace now. I have been following the community questions and responses and we are excited to learn from the community members from their implementation.

Thanks,

Satish

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Satish Pallapotu
    Franklin Templeton Companies, LLC

• 2.  RE: Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 12-10-2019 12:40
    Good luck.  You will first notice the ease of administering the system as compared with your Engage system.  If you run into hiccups, post questions here or if you need some professional services, our company would be glad to come alongside you on this project.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 3.  RE: Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 08-09-2020 03:34
    Hello Satish,

We want to migrate customer solution from PureEngage to Genesys Cloud too and i'm asking if you can help me please to found have documentation or giving me advice to do that safely ? process to do ?

Thank you.

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    NTT France

• 4.  RE: Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 08-09-2020 11:59
    This is a hard question.  It is not so much how you migrate settings from one system to another but how they perceive their current system meets business needs and how that can be achieved using Genesys Cloud.  Most questions are around:
    • Back-end integrations (Engage is usually tied into 5 or more systems natively)
    • Reporting (Engage has up to 5 different reporting engines for various components and then aggregated into a BI package)
    • HA and Backup (Engage is usually deployed with Hight Availability and fully redundant)
    • Extensibility (Engage is usually put in for high agent counts, large fluctuations of staff numbers, and in multiple offices)
    • Siloed Administration (Engage usually has 5 or 6 admins touching their own part of the system and it does not affect other areas)

There are many ways to migrate customers, but don't focus on features and functions, but why they purchased Engage and what business objectives is it fixing.  

If you want help or need to bring in another source, we at Avtex has extensive experience working with Engage and Genesys Cloud and have been very successful in migrating the former to the later.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 08-10-2020 02:48
    Just to add, if you're coming from Engage where you're used to getting quite hands on with VXML within GVP, or building quite complex IRD strategies using various subroutines, the move to Architect can seem a bit painful and your hands are tied in a number of ways.

Things that are probably taken for granted in the Engage world just aren't possible within Genesys Cloud - even through the AppFoundry.  One example is streaming music on hold etc.

Probably part of this is that the Engage world has a loooong history behind it going back several Framework (and GVP) versions and a lot of years. Looking through the ideas portal it does look pretty difficult to get any new feature in place and you could be waiting years.  Not to say that Engage is any faster, but it's quite obvious when you look through some of the ideas for Genesys Cloud that there are people that have been sitting there waiting 2 years+.I looked at raising some ideas myself when I first got onto Genesys Cloud deployments but was disappointed to see someone had already raised the idea years before and it hadn't gone anywhere.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 6.  RE: Migrating from Engage to Cloud

Posted 08-09-2020 14:35

Hi Salim,

We have many leanings during the migration from Engage to Cloud specifically with Routing differences, Integrations with CRM, reporting differences with GI2 and Cloud reporting, WFM, BYOC pros/cons with Edges, Speech enabled IVR's limitations, and many more. 
    I haven't found any documentation on how to migrate but if you want to get in touch with me, I'm happy to share some pointers. Again they may be different in your case based on the requirements. But one thing I will advise you is a careful planning and preparation is needed for Integrations.

My email: satish.pallapotu@franklintempleton.com

Thanks,

Satish Pallapotu
    Franklin Templeton Companies, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources