Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Division Aware Permissions

Posted 07-23-2021 10:46
    Hi everyone,

Is there a list of all the permissions that are Division Aware? I have been searching in Resource Center, Developer Center, and here but have not found what I am looking for. Resource Center has a complete list of the permissions (Products, roles, and permissions list - Genesys Cloud Resource Center) but it does not include the Division Aware information. In Genesys Cloud, one cannot sort by this column either so getting a complete list is challenging. 

Outi
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Outi Cornette
    Humana Inc.

• 2.  RE: Division Aware Permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 07-23-2021 10:57
    On that permissions page filter by "search".  I can't guarantee it, but if a object has a search permission it's probably divisioned.  If it doesn't have a search permission then it definitely isn't divisioned.  For example architect > flow > search exists, therefore flows are divisioned.  architect > prompts does not have a search, so they aren't divisioned.

Also if you look at the Divisions section under People & Permissions in Admin, you see a grid with the counts of all the divisioned objects.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Division Aware Permissions

Posted 07-23-2021 11:10
    Thank you Melissa!

I'm really looking for the list of Division Aware permissions as they are shown on the Role Permissions screen. Yes, I am in the weeds trying to understand what exactly Division Aware does and does not do and how that will impact the work we are doing. 

Outi Cornette
    Humana Inc.

• 4.  RE: Division Aware Permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2022 16:30
    Did you ever find what you were looking for, @Outi Cornette ?
    ​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Division Aware Permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 11-08-2022 15:13
    I don't think I have seen a list of this item specifically, but my experience has been that if an object is division aware - such as queues or users, then all related permissions to seeing or editing that object are also division aware. IE if a queue is in your Finance division, then only supervisor-types with the Finance division could see the Finance division on their reports and dashboards. If you had 50 Finance end users, then only supervisor-types with that same division could see those users on dashboards, same as for the queue. On the admin side this same concept carries forward to being able to see or edit the queue or user, or data table.

Here at Zillow we have a dozen divisions or so and due to compliance some of them are NOT allowed to cross streams or see each other's data, and we haven't run into the need to worry about exactly which permissions line items are division aware yet -- we're just careful to set our queues and other objects into the right division as well as the assigned division>role relationship for any user who is in a regulated division or has any level of semi-admin or supervisor rights.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources