Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email PKI encryption

Posted 05-06-2021 10:30
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Genesys Cloud and I am facing a scenario I'm trying to find out how to overcome. Any help would be really appreciated.

A customer of ours wants to migrate their email management solution to Genesys Cloud. They use (and want to keep) their own email encryption (PKI Entrust). Their users receive emails in Outlook and decrypt it locally using Entrust plugin (in other words by a local certificate/password). Also their responses are encrypted before sending to the customer with the same a certificate/password. Emails are centralized in one mailbox only. Agents share the certificate/password.

The question is: how to migrate this workflow into Genesys Cloud?

Emails are received with encrypted body (smime.p7m attached).
    We want to route emails with priority, based on its content.
    What could be the solutions for the agents or routing flow to be able to read the emails?
    Note that, for security reasons, they don't want the email content to be stored (but I think that can be managed with email recording deletion policy).

In the other hand, how can we encrypt the email back (again, with specific certificate) before sending it to the customer?
    For that part, I am exploring the email review feature but I didn't find out how it's activated, and even less not sure if we can do that via email flow instead of a human supervisor.

Regards,
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Carlos Correia
    xseed-Consultoria e Sistemas

• 2.  RE: Email PKI encryption
    Best Answer

Posted 05-06-2021 14:05
    Hi Carlos,

Very interesting scenario. I'm not sure if GC have such feature.

But it is possible to implement custom script or GUI integration based on Angular/React.

For outbound conversation:
    1. Agent open script or GUI integration.
    2. Agent type message.
    3. Agent press button encrypt and update draft reply.

To encrypt message you can use you own encrypt API.
    To update draft reply to use GC API "Update conversation draft reply" /api/v2/conversations/emails/{conversationId}/messages/draft

For inbound conversation:
    1. Agent open script or GUI integration.
    2. Description based on your API.

If any questions you are welcome to contact me on email. We can discuss it in details.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: Email PKI encryption

Posted 05-07-2021 04:46
    Edited by Carlos Correia 05-07-2021 04:48
    Hi Taras,
    Thanks a lot for your answer.
    I'll try using script and my own API for decrypt/encrypt/update draft.
    I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Carlos Pinto Correia

• 4.  RE: Email PKI encryption

Posted 05-11-2021 05:51

Hi Taras,

As discussed and for the record:
    For inbound email, I use API GET /api/v2/conversations/emails/{conversationId}/messages. Then I can get the customer email and show in script or custom webpage the decrypted content of the email.

For reply, I use API POST /api/v2/conversations/emails/{conversationId}/messages. This API is triggered by agent in script button or custom web page to send a reply with encrypted content on behalf of the agent.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Regards.

Carlos Correia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources