Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Zendesk Data Action

Posted 08-15-2019 00:48
    Hi all, 

I am currently doing a Zendesk Data Action - Screen Pop of New Ticket Creation as well as Contact Details on Zendesk. PureCloud will be sending over phone number over to Zendesk for screen pop.

Am struggling to find why in Architect that the following configs doesn't work.

PHONE_NUMBER input in full
    ToPhoneNumber(Call.Ani).subscriberNumber

I've tried Call.Ani at first, but from the following post, (https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?MessageKey=c4d8ab26-bd02-4eee-bd05-1ee5472ba931&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer) I understand that "tel:" is sent over as well. I've tried the suggestions in the thread but still yields the same result.

Over on Zendesk's side, I get this error message,

%2B is sent instead of a +, should I trim it and just send over the subscriber number?

PS:/ With a bit of tweaking and testing, if I put the Set Participant Data box under failure, the system actually works fine. I just want to figure out why does it go to Failure most of the time. 

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Jin Huey Boey
    ITApps Sdn Bhd

• 2.  RE: Zendesk Data Action

GENESYS
    Posted 08-16-2019 10:34
    I'm unclear as to why the data action is failing; generally it has to do with a mismatch between phone number formatting in the search string and the way phone numbers are stored within Zendesk.  That said, based on the call flow you've posted, it doesn't look like you'd need the data action anyways.  It doesn't appear that you're adding the contact ID you're returning to the set participant data step in the call flow, and the contact ID isn't needed for the new ticket screenpop.  You should just be able to use the set participant data step to set your screenpop attributes, then let the client handle things.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources