Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

• 1.  During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 01-03-2019 06:54
    Hi all,

We have an issue with one inbound voice interaction, during a live conversation, the call was placed on hold automatically without any action from the agent side !! (he didn't press the 'hold' button or anything)

The interaction was placed on hold three times during this call

Someone has already encounter this issue ? 

Thank you in advance.
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:55
    I haven't heard of that issue occurring, so the best thing to do would be to reach out to the customer care team with the conversation ID so that we can investigate.
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    Maisey Harris
    Team Lead, Sr. Software Engineer, Analytics UI
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 01-03-2019 16:05
    @Mostafa Oudderhem we have had some similar issues. We currently have an open case for this. Let me ask you a question, can you see the call in the timeline actually going on hold, or does the audio just drop out, like the mic was muted? Our case we have opened has been going on for quite some time. ​

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 01-04-2019 02:20
    Hi Angelia,

Yes, we can see the call in timeline and we can see also when it goes on hold : we hear the music on hold
    We have also opened a case by providing conversation ID, I will let you know what is the cause of this issue once I got updates

Thank you.

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

• 5.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-11-2021 01:03
    Hi there.

We are facing the same problem now.
    According to the customer care, the console log shows that the agent pressed the hold button.
    But the agent did not actually press the hold button.
    If you had resolved this problem, Could you tell me how you resolved it?

yudai tanabe
    NEC Networks & System Integration Corporation

• 6.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-11-2021 14:25
    One of our customers has also experienced this issue recently.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 7.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-11-2021 14:54
    Any of you guys using Plantronics or Jabra headsets with the headset software installed?  If it's not wide spread have you checked the headsets?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 8.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-12-2021 14:16
    Plantronics blackwire 5200

Alvaro Chanona
    Vervent, Inc.

• 9.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-22-2021 08:03
    Does anyone have a similar case?
    I am in trouble that two of my customers has experienced this case.

yudai tanabe
    NEC Networks & System Integration Corporation

• 10.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 03-31-2021 20:08
    Hi!
    We use a mix of Plantronics blackwire 5200 and Jabra UC20 headsets, workstations have the appropriate PLantronics or Jabra software installed.
    We also use SSO to GSuite. Google Chrome as browser

We are experiencing the call going on hold for a few agents, have tried changing headsets still the same issue.
    we can actually see the hold button change

But also experiencing a type of one way audio where we cannot hear the customer, but the customer can hear us - the on hold button does not seem active in other instances but the call becomes one way

hoping someone has an idea what this might actually be

Dan Skill
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 11.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 04-05-2021 17:10
    Hi

Log a call with your trunk provider, Genesys cloud is reacting to an erroneous / mis intepreted SIP message requesting "hold" - SIP interoperability isnt all that its cracked up to be

Hylton Tiedt
    Vodafone New Zealand

• 12.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 04-12-2021 19:07

I agree that you're on the right path Hylton.  I would go one step further @Mostafa Oudderhem and gather Wireshark logs via Dumpcap to see what's going on with SIP messages.

If you want instructions on how to install Wireshark to run Dumpcap without agents having to do anything, let me know and I will post a Word doc that I can link to here.

I named the doc "Invisible Wireshark Install Directions"

​​

• 13.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 04-12-2021 19:11
      |   view attached
    Just occurred to me that I can attach the Word Doc here.

Attachment(s)

• 14.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 04-13-2021 02:15
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for this document, please note that the issue was resolved for me two years ago.
    I remember that the customer did some changes on their network.

Thank you.

Mostafa Oudderhem
    Coverage-Communication

• 15.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 04-13-2021 02:33
    Hi Mostafa Oudderhem,
    Is there anyway we could find out what changes on the their network were made?

Dan Skill
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 16.  RE: During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!

Posted 10-12-2021 04:21
    Hello All,

The last answer is some time ago, but I'm trying ...

Would it be possible to have a summary, on the various solutions to correct this problem?

What are the network settings that have been changed?

Best Regards,
    Benjamin.P

Benjamin PIROUX

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources