Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Integrating Amazon Lex Into Call Flow

Posted 09-15-2020 13:44
      |   view attached
    Hello,

I am currently working on implementing Amazon Lex into our call flow as Genesys does support capturing alphanumeric phrases. The purpose of the Lex Bot is to capture our customer's PO that is used in the process to look up the order status. The PO number is captured and then searched for in our company's Salesforce instance. I have gotten this to work with various different types of POs but am having trouble when there is a zero and O in the PO. It tends to switch the zeros spoken into to Ohs and Ohs into zeros. I thought at first it was an issue with Amazon Lex but when testing out the voice bot on their website it was capturing the correct information. Attached is a screenshot of that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Nathan Holland
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Integrating Amazon Lex Into Call Flow

Posted 10-12-2020 17:23
    Hi, I don't think to have an alphanumeric slot (AMAZON.AlphaNumberic) is reliable for spelling words. Yes, it could work many times when testing directly in the AWS console but when you introduce the error of the voice traveling across the PSTN, the audio quality is not good and you start getting errors that you didn't have before. That is a problem with voicebots over the telephone network.

On the other hand, it is more reliable when using a slot of the type AMAZON.NUMBER, actually you are using it for the CutomerNumber. So I don't know if it's possible for you just to get numeric part of the PO then add the prefix STOCK later (unless you have too many options for prefixes).

Henry Zambrano
    Powernet Global Telecommunications

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources