Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Common Module limitations in flows

• 1.  Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 07-14-2021 05:32
    Hi 

I would like to know if there are any limitations on the common modules in the Flows for Genesys Cloud. Specifically the following. 

1. Number off times an interaction can pass through a common module.
    2. Number off interactions currently passing through the common module flow. 

Any other possible limitations.

Regards
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Brendan Binns
    Bytes Systems Integration (a division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd)

• 2.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 07-14-2021 09:40

1. No
    2. No

Common modules don't have any specific limits beyond what any flow has, i.e.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/how-many-actions-can-i-run-in-a-flow/

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/how-long-can-an-architect-flow-run/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 07-14-2021 09:54
    Hi 

Thank you for the response. I see the two articles refers to voice interactions. My question actually relates to email interactions. 

Think I need to explain why I am asking this question. For one off our customers we did a common module flow where we check operating hours from a data table. With email when the call centre is closed the interactions are sent into a flow where it will wait for 5 minutes and then go back to the common module to check if the call centre is open if not it will come back to the after hours wait. This was done in order not to affect SLA when the call centre is closed. We have now noticed that interactions gets disconnected after a certain time. Usually from just over 8 hours and all interactions are disconnected more or less with the same time frame. 

Regards

Brendan Binns
    Altron Systems Integration a Division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 07-14-2021 10:12
    The action limit is for all flow types.

Email flow have a time limit but it's not documented.  It is longer than 8 hours.  Either your flow logic is not designed as you think it is, or the flow is hitting an error and going into event handling.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 07-15-2021 02:27
    Hi Melissa

From your first FAQ I would like to know when the below gets invoked for email.

If you choose to jump to a menu or reusable task, Architect automatically increases the action by an additional 1,000 actions. This process allows you to configure an alternative path for the error handling. If you exceed the additional maximum, Architect performs a silent disconnect.  

In one off your previous reply's you mentioned there is a time limit. Can I please have the time limit. 

Regards

Brendan Binns

• 6.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2021 14:31
    Jump to menu & jump to reusable task are not options for email flow event handling, only disconnect & transfer to queue.

The time limit is not officially documented.  Hint: look at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/wait-action/, it's got to be at least that.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 07-16-2021 02:04
    Hi Melissa

Yes I am aware that is not available for email. I would like to know where the following applies to email 

Architect automatically increases the action by an additional 1,000 actions

The article you supplied seems to be how long an interaction can wait on the wait block in the flow. 

The time limit not being officially documented is not acceptable I would like to know what this time limit is. Is it possible to request this from engineering.

Regards

Brendan Binns

• 8.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2021 09:38
    If you choose to jump to a menu or reusable task, Architect automatically increases the action by an additional 1,000 actions.
    Email flows cannot jump to a menu or reusable task in event handling, therefore they do not get an additional 1,000 actions.

If a single action in a flow can take X hours, then the entire flow must be able to run at least X hours.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 10-13-2021 10:23
    Melissa - 

I have a question related to common module. When we call common module from Inbound flow, it always shows us the latest version to select.

Is there a way we can select different version ?
    If not from the Architect flow, Is there any API which we can use to call different version of the flow ?

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 10.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2021 10:31

No & no.

The common module is imbedded into the calling flow so you are locked into that version when you publish the consuming flow.  
    Example for common module 1.0 and calling flow 1.0. When calling flow 1.0 is published it uses common module 1.0.  You make changes to the common module and publish versions 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0.  The calling flow continues to use common module 1.0.  You open the calling flow and republish.  Calling flow 2.0 now uses common module 4.0.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 10-13-2021 10:38
    My ask is, if we have 3.0 version of common module can we map version 1.0 or 2.0 in our Inbound call flow ?

As of now, by default it is taking latest version of common module

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 12.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2021 10:56
    No

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 11-24-2021 08:29
    I understand that the wait block has 72 hour maximum but If I set up an email flow with a "loops=3", and a "wait=48 hours" within that loop, will the flow run for 144 hours or will it error out halfway through the second loop?

Bruce Dunn
    State of Delaware

• 14.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

GENESYS
    Posted 11-24-2021 08:55
    It will error out at 72 hours

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Common Module limitations in flows

Posted 11-24-2021 15:06
    I see the above comment in message #10 that Common Modules inside a call flow will use the version that it was published with.  However, I am wondering if there is any plan on allowing for the Common Modules to be able to be called using the "Latest Published" such that if a Common Module is updated from version 1->2 then all the call flows using that Common Module would automatically use the latest version.  This would help tremendously in keeping Call Flows updated because if a Common Module is used in many call flows if that Common Module needs to be updated then many Call Flows would have to be updated in order to work with the latest version of the Common Module.​

Lewis Cooper
    Vanguard Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources