Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

Posted 03-17-2020 07:45
    Hi Community,

I have a particolar question about contact priority in PureCloud Campaigns:

First Question: if I hesitate a contact, through the campaign, as negative and, through the call rules, PureCloud scheduling a callback after 5 min, will this interaction, after 5 min, have higher priority than the other contacts on the contact list or be put at the bottom of them?

Second question: if, again through the rules, I set the "priority" column to go to 100 if the wrapup is negative and in the campaign I order the contacts for the "priority" column, this contact will pass in front of the other contacts, at the moment the callback?

Thanks
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Sergio Rota
    TechneValue GmbH

• 2.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

Posted 03-21-2020 17:45
    Someone (George G.) correct me if I am wrong, but believe the list is sorted when the campaign is started and when it recycles, so that record will most likely still be sorted in the original order when the a recycle is done, but once it is past and that record is due to be called, it should put it at the bottom of the current batch to be dialed.   If you get down to a recycle, it would be put back into the sort order specified.   This is one of those grey areas in the documentation that will take some testing.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 03-23-2020 09:58
    Hi Sergio, 
    As Robert noted, any changes to a field used for contact sorting will only take effect when starting the campaign after completion (or for the first time), or after a campaign recycle. However, the campaign's contact sorting is not taken into account for scheduled callbacks, regardless of how they were scheduled. A scheduled callback will be assigned to the next available agent after it comes due, and the campaign will not place more calls for that agent until the callback is finished.

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2020 10:11
    Thanks, Sean! I was hoping if I delayed long enough you would pitch in...

(Thanks for the vote of confidence, Robert...I was working up to it, but wanted to be sure I didn't stick my foot in my mouth :-) )

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

Posted 05-12-2020 06:28
    Edited by Sergio Rota 05-12-2020 06:29
    Thank you Robert, Sean and George!

I have another doubt about this topic!

The callbacks programmed on the campaigns (through the rules set on the campaigns) have a higher priority than the contacts in the contact list because the callbacks have more time on the platform.

My doubt is as follows: I have a campaign that calls for example 10,000 contacts; of these 5000 fall into the rules for having a callback after 1 hour.
    If, after 1 hour, I add another 5000 contacts in the same list, potentially these new contacts will never be called until the callbacks present will be completed, correct?

Is there any way to have better management?

Sergio Rota
    TechneValue GmbH

• 6.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2020 10:47

Hi Sergio, 
    A scheduled callback will not necessarily have priority over a queued contact. Scheduled callbacks that have come due go to the top of the dialing queue, but if the new contacts are added to the contact list as priority contacts, they will go above any contacts with scheduled callbacks that have come due. Elaborating on your scenario: 

1. 10k contacts added to campaign
    2. 10k attempted; 5k have callbacks scheduled (if I'm understanding your scenario correctly)
    3. 5k scheduled callbacks come due, and are added to the top of the queue
    4. 5k new contacts are added to the list, and queued
      If they are not priority, the queue order will be (first entry dialed first): [all scheduled callbacks, all new contacts]
      If they are priority: [all new contacts, all scheduled callbacks]
    Please note, though, that scheduled callbacks will not take priority over contacts that are in the process of being dialed (e.g. by a power campaign).

Sean Carter
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

Posted 05-13-2020 11:30
    Hi Sean,

at this point I think I missed something.
    Genesys support told me about this topic: Genesys Cloud uses the call timing to determine priority. The one that has more time will have higher priority. Callbacks will have the priority because they have more time on the platform

Me: If I have other contacts in the contact list are they called or does the campaign wait for 5 minutes because the scheduled callback has higher priority?
    Genesys: No, the campaign will be running normally (calling other contacts), but by the time the callback started to be dialed, this will be prioritized.

Me: Is there a way to prioritize a contact entered in the list (therefore in campaign) at a later time than others already present in the contact list?
    Genesys: For initial calls, the custom column on the list is the best way, but regarding callbacks there is no option, they'll have a higher score, and so will be prioritized.

I have some confusion now about managing callbacks for campaigns

Thanks

Sergio Rota
    TechneValue GmbH

• 8.  RE: Advanced Questions for sort contacts on campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 05-15-2020 13:24
    Hi Sergio, 
    I'm not sure what Support meant without having the full context, but:

"Genesys Cloud uses the call timing to determine priority." - For a non-preview call, this is true, and it may also apply to callbacks scheduled via the widget in the agent view (as those are outside the context of a campaign), but does not apply to a rule-scheduled callback or recall. For these callbacks, the associated contact is moved to the top of the campaign's queue, and this callback will be the next item we attempt to assign to an agent. 

"No, the campaign will be running normally (calling other contacts)" - this is true. We merely put the callback's contact at the top of our dialing queue, and in-flight calls will be handled first, then contacts that were already in the queue will be handled after the callback.

"For initial calls, the custom column on the list is the best way, but regarding callbacks there is no option" - This part is true, but again it's not a matter of the amount of time the callback has been "waiting". Any contacts in the list before the callback came due will be prioritized after that callback, but contacts added as priority contacts, after the callback comes due but before it has been assigned, will be prioritized above that callback's contact in the queue. So a stack of 5000 contacts added with the priority flag will go above a stack of 5000 callbacks that have come due, for your example, but without the priority flag they will go to the end of the queue and the callbacks will be presented first. 

The system assumes that you want a scheduled callback to be placed as close as possible to when it was scheduled for (e.g. the customer asked to be called back at 1pm), so always prioritizes callbacks, but the method of adding priority contacts that I suggested would be a good workaround if you're adding hot leads or similar.

Sean Carter
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources