Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get Sender's Email Address in Architect

Posted 01-14-2021 11:17
    I'm sure this is a simple question that most of you can answer, but I cannot find out how to retrieve the sender's email address for an inbound email flow so that it can be checked against the external contacts list.

Here's the use case:
    Get sender's email address
    Check for email address in external contacts (specific organization - certain custom type)
    If the email address is found - if custom field 1 has a check box - route to queue A.  If custom field 1 is blank, route to agent listed in custom field 2.

I've done some initial ext contacts setup for testing purposes, and am now ready to build a very simple flow to start testing the process and then refining further once we have a successful test, but I cannot find anything in the tool box that captures sender email's address.

I'll probably look like an idiot for even asking this question, but let's consider this as me taking one for the 'team' of anyone who is afraid of asking the community a question for fear of looking like an idiot.

:)
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Brenda Wynne
    Service Manager for Collaboration Tools

• 2.  RE: Get Sender's Email Address in Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 01-14-2021 11:22
    Edited by Melissa Bailey 01-14-2021 11:22

Email flows have a built-in variable Email.Message.  You want the from property, so Email.Message.from.

See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/architect-default-variables/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Get Sender's Email Address in Architect

Posted 01-14-2021 17:24

Thank you SO much.  I'm still trying to get it to work, but at least I have a flow built enough to run an API to see why it isn't working.

Brenda Wynne

TIS Customer Collaboration

6201 South Freeway

Fort Worth, TX 76134-2099 United States

T +1 817 615 2477 | M +1 817 909 7881

Brenda.Wynne@alcon.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources