Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Why can't I vote on Ideas?

• 1.  Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-25-2019 19:47
    Half my support tickets end with "sorry, that's the way it's supposed to work, you can submit a new idea though" so I go to the Ideas site, search to see if my idea already exist, 90% of the time it does as we all find the same shortcomings, but when I try to up-vote the idea, I cant, I have no votes left.  I opened a ticket about that, was told you have to submit new ideas to get more votes (have submitted new ideas, still don't have votes).  So what, I'm supposed to add a duplicate idea?  Seems like a terrible way to get feedback on what's important to the community if you don't let the community vote.

/rant
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2019 07:32
    There are various philosophies on how to run an ideas forum. Our Product Management team ascribes to the one which allows you a set number of votes, and you have to prioritize the new features that are most important to you by removing your votes from things at the bottom of your list in order to vote for things at the top of your list.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-26-2019 08:27
    @George Ganahl just curious, once an idea is "approved" or being developed by Purecloud are the votes returned to the users to apply elsewhere or do we have to manually go in and unvote those items to get our count back?

Brandon Wilch
    Indiana University Health

• 4.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2019 08:52
    Once it is "Delivered" you should get that vote back automatically.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-27-2019 15:35
    Does not seem like a very good philosophy if you are actually trying to determine what is important to your community as a whole.

This is the header on the ideas lab:
    Welcome to the PureCloud Genesys Product Ideas Lab! We encourage you to participate by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas. Popular ideas with high vote and comment activity will be evaluated jointly by the Genesys Product Management & Engineering teams and an update will be posted. Community feedback will play a key role in which ideas are accepted by the PM team; however, not all submitted ideas will be delivered.

The very first thing is encouraging me to vote.  And yet I only get 10 votes?  Genesys cannot possibly think there are only 10 things missing and/or in need of change.  I looked at the 10 ideas I voted on to exhaust my supply of votes.  Every one of them is an issue of high importance to at least one of the customers I support, so when I run into another issue of import to me and my customers what am I supposed to do, kick somebody out of the top 10?  That does not seem like particularly good customer service for me to offer.

If Genesys insists on continuing with this method of information gathering, they need to A) give users a more realistic number of votes and B) communicate how the votes actually work prominently on the ideas lab web page and C) communicate internally how the ideas lab works so, for example, when I open a support case asking why I don't have any more votes I get an accurate response instead of wasting a week trying to fix it based on flat out wrong information.

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-30-2019 17:37

@George Ganahl The key point is that nobody I've spoken with from customers to account managers and TAMs knew this was how the community was to be run.
    So people like me used up all of our votes early because there are many great ideas. Going back and finding my votes to "unlike" them promises to be a time burner as I don't know of any easy way to do that.

Transparency rules all. A lot of unhappy people that really wouldn't have been that unhappy if this was communicated to customers and employees.

• 7.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-30-2019 17:43
    Kevin, on the top left of the ideas landing page after you log in there is a my votes link you can click to list out the idea you have previously voted on.  Then you can decide which child you no longer love and throw all your affection at the new kid...

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-30-2019 18:18

Thank you Mike, never noticed it there!  Was looking under Profile, etc.

• 9.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-31-2019 10:43
    ​This made me laugh more than it should have! @Mike Steinke

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Business Systems Analyst]
    [Kal Tire]

• 10.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 03-10-2021 11:46
    Genesys should consider adding this specific info. to this link, which was sent to me when I asked about the time frame for the 20 votesI knew I had 20 votes, but I wondered if it was "20 per month", "20 per year", or?  Now I know the answer based on George's response.  It would be helpful if this were explained in other areas like in this link:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/how-do-i-submit-an-enhancement-request/

JONATHAN NEWMAN
    Franklin Templeton Companies, LLC

• 11.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2019 09:17
    Edited by Ginger Alford 07-26-2019 09:17
    Hi Mike! 

Thank you for being an active participant in the PureCloud Product Ideas Lab! We want to reward active members with more votes as requested through their TAM or Support contact.  Therefore, I have allocated 8 more votes for you.  

Additionally, George is correct, votes will automatically be returned to a user once an Idea is "Delivered".  You may also chose to "unvote" for Ideas if they are not a high priority for you needs.

Ginger Alford
    Program Manager, Product Strategy & Operations 

• 12.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2019 09:20
    Thank you, Ginger!

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-27-2019 15:36
    Thank you for the additional votes, but please see my response to George above for my thoughts.

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 14.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2019 18:31
    Hi Mike.  I hear your frustration and I apologize the voting philosophy is not clear for customers and something need we need improve on right away.  
    We want customers to be engaged and conversational in the Product Ideas Lab and will reward active customers with more votes as requested.  

I just completed an Ideas 101 Training Recording including updated internal FAQs and documentation and socialized it to all customer facing internal teams.  The voting process is outlined in detail in each piece of collateral.  

I have a plan to do something similar, exclusively for customers in the next couple of months. 

And I am more than happy to provide a training session with any customer and/or internal teams.  Including a live Q&A session.

Please reach out to me directly with any additional questions you have and/or to schedule a training/Q&A session.  

Thank you!  Ginger 
    Ginger.Alford@genesys.com 

PS: I will be on vacation all next week without email access but will be available on Monday August 5th.  

Please reach out to me directly with any additional questions.

Ginger Alford
    Product Mgmt Operations Analyst
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-30-2019 16:24
    Seems to me if your ideas site needs anything beyond "Have an idea, check the site, if it exists, vote, if not, create and promote" it might be overly complicated and perhaps not the best tool for gathering the information you are looking for.

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 16.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-01-2019 09:33
    Hi Mike,
    All customers should be encouraged to directly use the Ideas Lab to vote. One item I have seen is that Genesys directly or partners are voting on behalf of customers. This is not the intention and we have seen lots of confusion in the past when different individuals tried to bypass the established process and a lack of clarity. Having the end customer vote also ensures that they get updates as the status changes and comments are made rather than requiring this information to be proxied and key information lost in translation.

btw, yes I ran out of my 10 votes early and went through a similar process to make sure that my votes were allocated across what was deemed most important to me from a market standpoint.

Thanks,
    Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 08-01-2019 13:26
    I agree on encouraging customers to vote.  Just, you know, not too often...

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 18.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-04-2019 07:14
    Voting is extremely beneficial in ensuring that we focus on the most impactful capabilities. While the Ideas Lab shows total votes we score ideas based upon unique customer votes as we can't have an individual customer gaming the system (20+ votes from a single customer to try to unfairly influence an idea). Looking at the ideas we have 20% of the votes distributed across the top 2% of Ideas. Our objective is to ensure we deliver the top items to flatten this out. With 1400+ customers we believe that if there is a needed functionality it should be requested by multiple customers.

So you should always encourage customers to vote but as we continue to deliver against the top needs it should be much harder for them to determine what to vote for as there are no common needs.

And yes we have an Idea submitted with our ideas portal vendor to be represent calculated idea weight.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 08-06-2019 11:19
    "Voting is extremely beneficial" and "you only get 10 votes" are concepts completely at odds with each other.  Doing a bit of math, there are currently 1787 active ideas (not counting delivered, already exists or will not implement) so even to be able to hit that 2% of ideas getting 20% of the votes, one would need 35 votes.

I suspect the amount of popular ideas will remain relatively static,  Yes you'll deliver on stuff, but at the same time new customers and technology changes will be sources of new ideas.  Part of the fun of the industry we're in.

Mike Steinke
    Packet Fusion, Inc.

• 20.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-07-2019 08:52
    Thanks for the feedback. We have limited the number of votes as we also benefit from having customers prioritizing what they believe is most important. In our prior system we had an too many votes and we ended up with very large list of items that were near equal priority. We also spoke with other customers using similar portals prior to rollout to refine our approach. We will continue to review and monitor over time.

My thought is that this top items would flatten out over time but we will have to have to see what is shown by the actual data.

Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 21.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 07-31-2019 09:51
    Hi, I think that 10 votes limit already defined for each user, is too low, specially when you dive deep into the ideas website following new features request submitted on this community. This has to be reconsidered and set to a higher value!

Another remark is to have information about the ideas set in development status, when will they be available, and for the ideas in Accepted status, to have information about the development time and availability estimated date.

Hope this suggestions will be taken into account.

Thanks & regards,

Jorge Negri

• 22.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 08-19-2019 15:52
    I wanted to comment that I also think 10 votes is not enough. At this point, when I come across a requirement which requires an idea and vote to get implemented, I look at my 10 votes, see what the likelihood of implementation is (if an idea has a fairly advanced status and/or has a high vote count) and then remove my vote to put elsewhere. However, that doesn't mean I would prioritize the other idea lower, or value it less. Just means that I don't have enough votes for the things our company needs. In addition, I rarely look at ideas, because I don't have votes to give anyways.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 23.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-19-2019 16:17
    Hi Sven!

Thank you for being an active participant in the PureCloud Product Ideas Lab! We want to reward active members like you with more votes as requested through their TAM or Support contact.  Therefore, I have increased your vote allocation to 20.

Additionally, I am going to proactively increase the vote allocation for all PureCloud Product Ideas Lab users who are at or near the 10 vote allocation limit. 

Votes will automatically be returned to a user once an Idea is "Delivered".  You may also chose to "unvote" for Ideas if they are not a high priority for you needs.

Ginger Alford

Original Message

Ginger Alford
    Product Mgmt Operations Analyst
    Genesys - Employees

• 24.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

Posted 03-10-2021 14:55
    I think I understand why Genesys went with the 20 votes approach.  To ensure it didn't become something like Facebook where people readily just hit "Like" and then it's hard to uncover what is truly valuable.  I do think Genesys should clearly define how the 20 votes thing works after a user registers.  I could easily see I had 20 votes, but didn't know how they really worked.  

We are new to the process since we just rolled out about 6 weeks ago.  We are excited about the product and we clearly see things we want/need for our company.  One really basic example is that it's astonishing we have views that include columns that do not sort.  That is basic functionality that existed in Pulse and most systems.  Being able to sort ascending, descending should be available in all views that contain columns.  And filters appear in some areas of the screen (e.g. hour glass, top left), filter icons in others (top right), and then some screens do not even have a filter and that's frustrating since you have to sometimes pick employees multiple times (e.g. WFM/Admin/Schedules, time off requests, historical adherence, etc.).  Basic stuff?  We are excited about the potential and we really like how Genesys makes updates all the time (as opposed to big library releases quarterly or longer).

JONATHAN NEWMAN
    Franklin Templeton Companies, LLC

• 25.  RE: Why can't I vote on Ideas?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-12-2021 09:45
    Hi Mike!

Thank you for being an active participant in the Genesys Cloud Product Ideas Lab! We want to reward active members with more votes as requested through their TAM or Support contact.  Therefore, I have allocated more votes for you.

Additionally, George is correct, votes will automatically be returned to a user once an Idea is "Delivered".  You may also chose to "unvote" for Ideas if they are not a high priority for you needs.

Have a great weekend  :)

Ginger Alford
    Genesys - Employee

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources