Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GENESYS DIALOG ENGINE CAPTURING NAME

Posted 07-22-2021 06:24
    Hello all, Do anyone have worked on capturing only a word from utterance using Genesys DIalog Engine.

Assume a Bot asking a Question : What is your name ? 

Customer Says: My name is ABC

Bot has to reply back now as : Hello ABC, How can i help you today ?

I need to capture only name part from " My name is ABC"   . I tried using ask for slot which will store the full string whichever customer types or it can be lastname or first name which is possible. 

But im having issue in capturing name from sentence. Can anyone advise here please.

Thanks in advance.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Integrations
    #GenesysCloudCXQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Gopalakrishnan M
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: GENESYS DIALOG ENGINE CAPTURING NAME

Posted 07-22-2021 10:26
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:31
    This is a tricky one if you are trying to capture this as a slot in a bot with multiple slots.

The best I could do within the time I had to pull it off is to use the following regular expression for my First Name slot:

(?<=first name is )[A-Za-z]+

Where I was looking for the phrase ([whatever] "first name is " and then I am capturing the next word. This was for a chat bot.

This is not ideal. Because if you ask "What is your first name?" The person will type their name without "My first name is ".

I think the best way to do it is to create a bot whose singular purpose is to collect the name (or any free form text) - that is, only has one slot. And then pass that info to other bots as needed.

Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 3.  RE: GENESYS DIALOG ENGINE CAPTURING NAME

Posted 07-23-2021 07:10
    Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your response. Yes,you are right.

We have done singular purpose however looking for solution which i mentioned above. I tried with regex which you have shared, it didnt work for me.
    Is it working for you Dan - (?<=first name is )[A-Za-z]+
    And we will be asking customer just to enter name not first name and so we need to capture only input after utterances like MY NAME IS , MYSELF , IAM etc.
    Appreciated for input. Let me know if that regex works for you and able to pass the captured name to next variable.

Gopalakrishnan M
    Accenture India

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources