View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM - Agents in multiple planning groups

Posted 10-19-2020 22:35
    Hi all

For one of my customers they have the following setup:

10 queues

20 agents

Those 20 agents have a mixed combination of several of the queues.

What I was looking to do was creating one planning group for each of the queues - meaning agents will end up in multiple planning groups - which is fine.

How does the scheduling logic work in this scenario?  Say for example Agents A, B and C are all in queues 1, 2 and 3 and then Agent D is only in queue 2.  Will the schedule take in account that Agent D would theoretically be "more available" to handle those Queue 2 calls since that's their only queue/planning group?  So if forecast call volumes were lower on Queues 1 and 3 the system could manage only having Agents A and B added, not requiring Agent C at certain times of the day - if that makes sense?

Separately since skill levels can't be used in building a planning group, how does it take into account best available skill type routing?

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: WFM - Agents in multiple planning groups

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2020 08:15
    Each planning group has its own forecast volume, AHT, and arrival patterns. Each scheduled agent has their constraints (including availability) and capabilities (queue membership, skills). Scheduling is a proprietary process that utilizes mathematical modeling, mathematical optimization, linear programming, discrete event simulation, heuristics, and AI. It simultaneously considers many potential schedules to find ones with predicted service levels that matches requirements as closely as possible and uses as few paid hours as possible. This is done across all planning groups and agents. The answers to your questions in the larger paragraph are generally a 'yes' although some configuration may require a 'no' answer to the last question in that paragraph - e.g., if Agent C has work plan constraints requiring them to work at a particular time and/or for a particular length, we'll schedule them even if not needed.

"Separately since skill levels can't be used in building a planning group, how does it take into account best available skill type routing?" - skill set is a part of a planning group. WFM requires an exact match of requirement and capabilities - if you have a route path that requires Linux and Spanish skills and no agent exists with both of those, then it will be deemed as an unhandled route path for which you will see informational messages post-scheduling in the Generation Results column linked dialog.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 3.  RE: WFM - Agents in multiple planning groups

Posted 10-20-2020 15:00
    Thanks Jay, re the skill levels, I'm referring to skill proficiency (I support Engage so still refer to them as levels :)).

So yes, while I can put together a planning group that has a queue, language and acd skill, I don't see how it can take into account agent skill proficiency, so as to potentially avoid having very few people with the highest proficiency on during a busy time etc.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: WFM - Agents in multiple planning groups

Posted 12-30-2023 17:46

Hi Vaun, 

I'm three years late but have you found an answer to your question?

Thanks 

Anna Jhane Mulinyawe
    AIG Global Operations, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources