Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 10-27-2021 22:16
    Edited by Robert Wakefield-Carl 10-27-2021 22:24
    We have setup divisions with queue and users in them.  When I go to Queue Performance or Agents, I see only that queue/agents, but when I click Queue Activity and then into that queue, I can see ALL agents assigned to that queue and not just the ones in that division.  Has anyone else tried this?  How would you limit visibility in the Queue Activities detail page to only those agents in your division?

Agent View

Queue View

Queue Activity

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 2.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 10-28-2021 02:15
    I'm guessing you can't unless Genesys makes some of the agent activity permissions division aware.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

GENESYS
    Posted 10-29-2021 11:16
    Hey folks,

At this time, users will see all agents in the queue, but if they don't have access to that user, it should not have a hyperlink or allow any administration updates (activation, status changes, etc.). That being said, we're working on an effort that'll allow orgs to opt into obfuscating agent names so that their names are no longer visible. @Vasudev Ramanujaiaha is on vacation right now but should be able to provide more details at a later time.

Thanks!​​

Maisey Harris
    Development Group Manager, Analytics UI & Reporting
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 10-29-2021 12:25
    Here is another inter-division control issue. A test showed that after a queue is moved from the Home division to a new division, a user from the Home division can still transfer calls to the queue that was moved.

In Transfer, the search box allows Name, Number or Queue.

A Home division user receives a call from a queue that only exists in the Home division. Then the user clicks Transfer and begins typing in the search box. Queue names from a different division also appear in the list and can be selected. After selecting a queue name from a different division, call transfer actually works. In our case, we didn't expect this, and it defies the reason why we moved a certain queue away from the Home division. 

I could be missing something, but it appears inter-divisional restrictions need to be better defined or controlled.

Kun Jin Rhee
    LifeCare Assurance Company

• 5.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

GENESYS
    Posted 10-29-2021 13:04
    Kun Jin Rhee, take a look at the "Control search and transfer based on division membership" section in this doc and see if it works for you:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/manage-access-to-individuals-based-on-division-membership/

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 11-01-2021 12:03
    Hi Maisey,

Thank you very much! The permission discussed in the article (Conversation > Communication > Target) worked in my test; it did "limit a user's ability to search for and transfer only within the divisions in which they belong". This is exactly what I needed! Thank you again.

Kun Jin Rhee
    LifeCare Assurance Company

• 7.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 10-30-2021 00:20
    Well, developer came back with "too bad, so sad" answer and pointed me to an article that says a supervisor of any queue can view the real-time activity of the entire queue and agents.  They will not be able to click into the agent or change their status, but they will be able to view all of them in that view.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 8.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2021 08:57
    Hi Robert, I'm sorry if you interpreted my response as "too bad, so sad", but if you look above, there's information I shared about a future enhancement; we know this is a limitation that not all are okay with and are working to fix it.

At this time, users will see all agents in the queue, but if they don't have access to that user, it should not have a hyperlink or allow any administration updates (activation, status changes, etc.). That being said, we're working on an effort that'll allow orgs to opt into obfuscating agent names so that their names are no longer visible. @Vasudev Ramanujaiaha is on vacation right now but should be able to provide more details at a later time.

If you still have concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. I make it a point to never be dismissive as your feedback is very valuable.

Thanks,

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

Posted 11-02-2023 09:24

Hello, 

is there any Update on this topic?

Thank you?

Dirk Krampe
    Sixt SE

• 10.  RE: Queue Activity Details not respecting division control

GENESYS
    Posted 11-03-2023 11:46

Hello Dirk, thanks for checking in. We're evaluating this idea for future development. If you would, please vote for this idea in our ideas portal and follow for updates. Have a lovely weekend!

Becky Powell
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources