Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Restrict queue assignment

Posted 05-08-2021 00:00
    I have an operation challenge would like to seek for advice: 
    say a group of agent are assigned to answer 3 set of queues, however due to the operation differences among these queues, the agent can only handle 1 set per shift. They will need to change these assignment for different shift. is there any queue assignment / call routing feature in Genesys that can enable such kind of queue assignment change? Since we are talking about 300 queues in total, it's impossible to manual assign these queue to each agent at the start of shift on a daily basis. Just wondering if there is any data action I can set in the architect flow to set such condition. Thanks.
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    annie Ng
    Accenture Company Limited

• 2.  RE: Restrict queue assignment

Posted 05-08-2021 04:36
    I am aware that Genesys allow agents to deactivate certain queue at the user icon page, however we don't want agent to have that right to deactivate queue. Is there anyway for Supervisor  to do on their behalf? But I don't want to permanently remove the queue, just want to deactivate during the shift. 
    otherwise, without changing the queue assignment, possible to set some indicator on agent level so that only certain queue will be routed to those agents? thanks. 

brgds, Annie

annie Ng
    Accenture Company Limited

• 3.  RE: Restrict queue assignment

Posted 05-08-2021 17:50
    Yes you can give supervisors the ability to activate/deactivate users from queues.

Just looking back at your original post:

Are the shifts you're referring to static, ie do people have the same shift each day?  Could you maybe put in here some examples of how this is structured?

What I was thinking is that if you have say 3 shifts - let's say 8am-4pm (ShiftA), 10am-6pm (ShiftB) and 12pm-8pm (ShiftC) and you want only people on ShiftA and ShiftC to answer calls from a queue you either:

1. Give ONLY them membership to those queues
    2. Create a skill for each of these shifts, and in your call flow where you transfer to ACD queue, have a logic decision/switch in there that adds the skill(s) to the transfer task depending on what time of day it is.  So those with ShiftA would have SkillA, those with ShiftC would have SkillC, and in your transfer task you add one or both of those skills as well.  How this could help is if for some reason you wanted those people on ShiftB to also answer these calls, but say only between 2pm and 4pm, then in your call flow you DON'T attach any of these skills if it's during those hours.  That would result in the call targetting ANY agent that's a member of that queue.  Then from 4pm you're back to adding SkillA and SkillC.  Make sure that in your routing setup for the queue you either use Best Available Skills or All Skills Matching.
    Where this may not work is if people work say ShiftA one day, ShiftB the next etc.  Then you'd still be back at having to update their skills manually.  There may eventually/hopefully be some way of leveraging WFM workplans as part of the routing but I don't see that on the horizon anytime soon.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources