Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

GENESYS
    Posted 07-18-2018 14:46
    Calling all customers, partners and services team members who have tried out the new Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud feature in PureCloud.

Interested in the tips you have learned along the way with different carriers.

Let's get the discussion started!

------------------------------
    Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys Product Management

• 2.  RE: Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

Posted 07-19-2018 04:02
    Edited by Rasko Radojevic 07-19-2018 04:04

Interesting topic and this is my first experience.
    Our implementation has included Cisco cube. And we had a problem in establishing connection with AWS Media tier.
    The problem was with MTU size. Although the default size is 1500 bytes, it seems that due to proxying PureCloud is adding some weight so we should limit the MTU size to 1000 bytes. But it was not documented anyhow.
    Some general suggestions to reduce the size of the Invite message is to do one or more of these:

1. Remove extra headers
    2. Switch to delayed media
    3. Use Compact SIP messages
    4. Remove extra codecs

But as I said it is just general recommendation. But we should actually should now what exact should be done. In some of our test we find that just removing Remote-Party-ID will be sufficient for reducing the MTU size, but this is not conclusion that I can recommend for all of you. I guess it is something that should be rather specify by Genesys team.
    Another important thing is that CN (Comfort Noise) should always be 13 .

Also I would like to know what are the recommended security settings. I have created Discussion here "Access list configuration for BYOC deployment" (PureCloud - Genesys) but no comments so far, so I would like to know what Genesys is suggesting on this.

Thanks

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojević

• 3.  RE: Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2018 13:00
    Hello Rasko!

Thank you for your reply.  I'm happy to report a solution to the MTU issue is tracking towards a release to production early next week.  This will remove the current limit and remove the need for the clever workarounds you have mentioned.

I will reply to your other thread to answer the security question.

Thanks again,

alan lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

Posted 07-23-2018 04:24
    Hello Alan and Zach
    thanks for the reply. I hope that other things that you guys probably catch already will be included in this new release of BYOC and to eventually post that on Resource Center.
    Especially because when doing this BYOC implementation, it's really hard to perform analysis and triage when there are no logs that we may review (like we have in local edge deployment) and to know in which direction should alter the settings, so I found this is a most challenging thing in this type of implementation

And to be honest, I could not understand (and maybe I was just not so cautious) when for trunk configuration we should pick "Generic BYOC Carrier", and when "Generic BYOC PBX" ? Can you elaborate on this is this just for a purpose of configuration or there's something more important for this implementation.

Also, when generating the SIP Termination URI on byoc.mypurecloud.xx are there any expiration period? I mean, if I createthis record, and don't use it for some time, will it expire and be available for some other or it will remain on AWS DNS? Also can I somehow edit it if I do not have direct access to Amazon Route 53 (in case I make a typo or want to give some other name), will that wrong name remain there and need to create new one? 
    Thanks

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojević

• 5.  RE: Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

GENESYS
    Posted 07-24-2018 13:24
    Rasko,

There certainly is more coming for BYOC Cloud, short term and long term.  Among the new capabilities are improved diagnostic tools.  Keep an eye out on the Resource Center and Release Notes pages as new capabilities are announced.

The 'BYOC Carrier' template should be used when the non-PureCloud end of the trunk is a carrier connection to the PSTN.  Currently both Carrier and PBX types have a single template available, but over time we have the flexibility to add more, with default settings embedded to suit the other end of the connection.

"Also, when generating the SIP Termination URI on byoc.mypurecloud.xx are there any expiration period?" -- There is no expiration period.  As long as the trunk exists in your Org, and your Org is active, you hold the unique identifier you provided for the trunk.  Also, you are free to modify this value at anytime by editing the trunk.  If the value you choose is already in use on another trunk, the UI will prevent you from saving until you provide an unused value.

Thanks,

alan lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) Cloud Feedback!

Posted 08-14-2019 12:09

Hi there Alan!

Is the MTU Issue resolved by now? Are there any limitations to my invite message size? Am currently facing issues in establishing connection.

Rgds, 

Boey

Jin Huey Boey
    ITApps Sdn Bhd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources