Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Edge Group

Posted 07-19-2019 08:34
    Good Morning

I have 2 sites, Site A and Site B. Each site has 2 edge servers and 2 audiocode gateways for redundancy. Site A is noted as the main "Edge Group"

each site currently functions on its own as far as inbound and outbound calling

The audiocode devices are connected to PRI's provided from our Avaya PBX's at each site.

currently if I if I lose the PBX, the PRI's, etc. at one of the sites I cannot make/receive inbound or outbound calls.

so if I lose the 2 PRI's at Site B, is there a way that Site B can automatically failover and use Site A's trunking (PRI's)? and vice versa?

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Michael Schimento
    Zenith Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Edge Group

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2019 08:53
    It sounds like you are saying you have two separate Edge Groups, one for each Site, is that correct?

Edge Groups cannot send calls to each other directly, so a better configuration would be two Sites with one Edge Group.

Even then, calls would not automatically fail over because you would have outbound calling separated by trunk, and you would have to manually set the edges to use the other site's trunks in the case of PRI failure.

For inbound you would have to arrange with the carrier to shift your DIDs from one set of PRIs to the other, and your PBXes and Gateways would need to be configured to handle those DIDs (in advance) in case the inbound calls do get switched over.

It will take some careful planning and configuration to get all the different pieces set up properly, and even when set up in the best way possible, I think you will still need to do some manual switching in the event of a total PRI failure at one site.

Hopefully someone else can pitch in who has set this up before.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Edge Group

Posted 07-19-2019 09:17
    Hi George, thank you for the response

we are set-up as you mentioned in your note, two Sites with one Edge Group.

your response is what I expected, I figure it is best to double check before, as you noted, I go through the careful planning process.

I expect some manual work, I just want to make sure it is minimal so we can have our "queues" taking calls as quickly as possible.

Mike

Michael Schimento
    Zenith Insurance Company

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources