Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to assign a skill to a call back scheduled during an interaction

Posted 11-17-2021 11:26

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to add a skill to a call back which is scheduled during a voice interaction.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/schedule-callbacks-during-a-current-interaction/

The scenario is:

Customer calls, the call is accepted by an agent, they then schedule a call back within the interaction. 

When the call back then arrives back in the queue in the designated time, the call can be picked up by any agent in the queue, regardless of how they are skilled (e.g they are skilled only for chat & not voice)

We only want the call back to go the agents who are skilled for voice.

There is a manual workaround whereby you can change the agent utilization to 0 in their profile for call backs, but this is very manual & is becoming a pain point for our CC teams.

Ideally the call would keep the same skill requirements we have in the transfer to ACD action in the architect flow (English & Voice)

Any suggestions are welcome 😊

Thanks
    Daniel

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Daniel

• 2.  RE: How to assign a skill to a call back scheduled during an interaction

Posted 11-17-2021 13:19
    Hi Daniel,

I've never seen anyone use skills to segregate media types before. It'll work, of course, but most people I've seen use separate queues for this purpose.

Anyway, that doesn't address your question.

Directly from a Script, out the box, I don't think you can do this. However you can create a Callback using the API. So a lot depends on how you want the interface to work / look.

Assuming you are using the built-in Scripting solution, you would need to create an Integration back to Cloud and an Action to call the /api/v2/conversations/callbacks endpoint. When you create the callback, you can add routing data such as skills, preferred agents etc.

HTH

• 3.  RE: How to assign a skill to a call back scheduled during an interaction

GENESYS
    Posted 11-19-2021 12:08
    Daniel/Paul - I think you may also be able to use our routing endpoint to update the skills of the waiting callback.  (I have not tested this - so it would be recommended that you do first - but I think it will work.

https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/v2/routing/#patch-api-v2-routing-conversations--conversationId-

Good luck!

Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources