Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

Posted 04-30-2020 15:33
    Hello Everyone,

I am trying to see if the following is possible.  

Using the Performance Interactions View, search for all contacts inbound or outbound for a particular phone number.

I know we can search by ANI to get inbound calls (and calls that convert to Callbacks)

I know we can search DNIS for outbound calls.  I cannot seem to search for all calls where DNIS OR ANI equals a phone number.  I am basically forced into doing 2 separate queries.  

Are we able to add "OR" conditions to Performance \ Interaction Filters?  Is there another field i am not aware of that contains the external phone that would be better searched so that i only need to enter the number once? 

This issue was reported when a compliance officer was trying to determine all of the calls related to a particular customer\phone number and it appeared that certain interactions were not returning correctly using the Interaction filter.  The missing interaction was an outbound call where the customers phone number was stored under the DNIS field rather than ANI where all inbound phone numbers are stored.

This does not seem possible with the available reports.  the only one that comes close is Interaction Details but it filters by User, not external ANI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Joshua Davis
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 2.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

Posted 04-30-2020 17:34
    Hi Josh,

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this via the UI, but you could do it via the API.

https://api.mypurecloud.com/api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query

You can use the Analytics Query Builder to generate the body.

It would look something like this:

{
     "interval": "2020-03-01T05:00:00.000Z/2020-04-01T05:00:00.000Z",
     "order": "asc",
     "orderBy": "conversationStart",
     "paging": {
      "pageSize": 25,
      "pageNumber": 1
     },
     "segmentFilters": [
      {
       "type": "or",
       "predicates": [
        {
         "type": "dimension",
         "dimension": "ani",
         "operator": "matches",
         "value": "+18885551234"
        },
        {
         "type": "dimension",
         "dimension": "dnis",
         "operator": "matches",
         "value": "+18885551234"
        }
       ]
      }
     ]
    }

Thanks,
    Daniel McLeod

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 3.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

Posted 05-01-2020 16:53
    Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.  ideally i wanted something user friendly as this is for Compliance Office \ business users.  having them build something using the query builder isn't ideal.  

Thanks for confirming i wasn't missing something in the Interactions interface.  

Josh

Joshua Davis
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 4.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2020 21:57
    Have you considered the External Contacts feature?

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-external-contacts/

It would take work to populate the contact info, especially for contacts not associated with queue calls, but if your users were to add the contact info (even if just the person's name) then all interactions with that person are tracked, and you can easily see them by searching for a phone number or name in the External Contacts directory.

It is easier to add contacts on queue calls because it can be done by the agent during an inbound or outbound call, as well as outbound dialed on behalf of queue.

If you use Salesforce, you can automatically synchronize Genesys Cloud external contacts with Salesforce:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-the-salesforce-external-contact-sync-integration/

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2020 18:09
    In the future, we will be adding the ability to search by External Contact into the views.  Just waiting on a bulk API Endpoint to be able to resolve the IDs in the views.

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

GENESYS
    Posted 05-06-2020 10:17
    @Darlene Oordt is that the External Contact ID from the External  ​Contacts feature? That would still require that they have all calls associated with an External Contact, correct?

Is there any way you can think of to use the UI to display all inbound and outbound calls associated with a specific phone number, if that number is not associated with an External Contact? (The DNIS or ANI filter Josh mentioned)

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Performance Interaction Filters and searching for all Interactions via external phone number

GENESYS
    Posted 05-06-2020 09:16
    Hey @Josh Davis,

I wanted to let you know that this episode is discussed in the latest episode of the Q&A Show! Check it out for George's detailed examination and response to your question:

You can find the full episode here: https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?MessageKey=2067bcc9-ad32-4a2e-a7e5-f25a885b2caa&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Or on the Community's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyRrOEpAwdmmQC4ht_N3IQ/

Cheers,​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources