Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Customers hear a brief music before connecting to an agent for outbound calls

Posted 12-07-2021 08:30
    Hi ,

I have a setup a Dialer campaign, everything works fine except that the customer hears a brief music(maybe less than a second) before he/she is connected to the agent. Is this behavior normal or I have made a configuration error while setting up the campaign.

Thank You
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Praveen Kumar
    HCL Technologies Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Customers hear a brief music before connecting to an agent for outbound calls

Posted 12-07-2021 19:54
    I would use persistent connections for agents and auto answer if you are using predictive.  This might be from a delay in connecting the agent.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Customers hear a brief music before connecting to an agent for outbound calls

Posted 12-08-2021 07:29
    Thank You Robert, that worked.

Praveen Kumar
    HCL Technologies Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Customers hear a brief music before connecting to an agent for outbound calls

Posted 12-09-2021 14:55

We had similar experiences with our dialler campaigns - to avoid it we ended up creating an in queue flow that has no music in it and making that the default in queue flow for the queue where our dialler campaigns were targeting so the customer doesn't hear any sound until the agent starts talking to them. 

Waati Manukonga
    KiwiBank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources